If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 16 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Internal Audit (Nairobi), the Senior Internal Audit will conduct audits of IRC locations and functions. The audits will be designed to identify risks to achieving the IRC’s strategic, operational, reporting and compliance objectives; assess the adequacy of internal controls to mitigate identified risks; access the effectiveness and efficiency of IRC operations; and recommend appropriate actions to reduce associated risks. The audits will focus on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of global and local processes and controls.
The Senior Internal Audit will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in planning Country Office and functional audits, special reviews and investigations.
- Conduct Country Office and functional audits, special reviews and investigations.
- Draft audit findings that clearly describe the conditions, criteria, cause and effect and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in monitoring progress of the corrective actions by management to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in continuously improving the audit process through new tools and techniques.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA or CIA or actively pursuing one of these certifications
- Minimum 2 years of external or internal auditing experience
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit or INGO sectors or grant supported organizations
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Communications – Written and Oral English
- COSO Internal Control Framework
- Risk Management Principles and Techniques
- Auditing Principles and Techniques
- Data Analysis
- Process Documentation
- MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO
Language Skills: Fluency in French a plus
- Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a standard office work environment
- Travel up to 50% including travel to underdeveloped countries
Working with the supervision and guidance of the Field Manager and the RH&HIV coordinator, the project Manager will lead the planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of IRC’s ‘ ’Pambuzuka ‘’ project in Turkana county. He/she will work closely with the county health team to ensure implementation of activities geared towards improving maternal and newborn health at the county level.
Technical Coordination and support
- Overall programmatic and administrative support leadership in the planning, implementation and monitoring of MNH program activities as guided by the project deliverables.
- Work closely with the county and sub county RH focal persons in planning and training health facility staff at the county level on MNH competencies.
- Facilitate information sharing with other sectors, towards integrating the RH program with other sectors (HIV, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Nutrition and Livelihoods).
- Contribute to the bi-annual development, review and implementation of the IRC Health Sector Strategic Plan in line with the IRC strategy, policies and procedures.
- Where necessary, participate in concept development, proposal writing and budget development exercises in relation to RH programming for IRC Kenya.
- Incorporate cross – cutting program design issues such as protection mainstreaming, disaster risk reduction, governance, environmental and emergency response.
Grant Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Plan, support and coordinate joint IRC & County MoH field monitoring and support supervision exercises.
- Manage the project budget ensuring spending is maintained within appropriate margins.
- Identify and respond to project needs, implement activities, and conduct follow-up to ensure project success.
- Monitor timeliness, quality and progress of project deliverables as per the work plans and implementation plans in place.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress reports, documentation and use of information to continuously improve the quality and performance of the project.
Communication And Documentation
- Develop and maintain project related record-keeping system and provide accurate documentation of all reporting forms.
- Provide material related to project progress and updates both internal and external use.
- Assist in the development of publications and communication materials wherever possible.
Coordination, Representation And Advocacy
- Implement effective communication strategies to maintain strong correspondence among stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key project counterparts and stakeholders
Human Resource Management & Leadership
- Directly supervise the RH officers.
- Address staffing gaps and other issues for effective program implementation with support of human resources and field coordinator.
- Staff supervision, mentorship, performance appraisal and development through objectives developing, reviews and evaluations.
Required Qualification /experience & Competencies
- Diploma or degree certificate in nursing, clinical medicine or medicine.
- Advanced degree in Public health is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in reproductive health programs with at least 2 years experience at project management level.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database (HMIS, EPI-Info) experience.
- Strong assessment, project planning, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (Written and Spoken).
- Ability to multitask, manage pressure and flexibility.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.