Community Media Trust
is a media organization that develops community engagement strategies using participatory media and community communication principles, to support implementation of projects and programs. Community Media Trust creates relevant, community-friendly media content (film, radio, digital and print) that inspires, educates and entertains communities to achieve knowledge, behavioral and social impact.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance activities and reporting.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable,
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions
to ensure adherence to CoMeT’s guidelines.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensuring
accuracy of financial statements.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Draft project reports, developing program budgets and cash flows and regularly monitoring
- Preparation of monthly expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with
CoMeT’s financial procedures;
- Ensure staff adhere to CoMeT’s financial policies and procedures;
- Any other duty assigned
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option)
- CPA Section III
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an NGO set-up or busy
- In absence of a degree, minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- A great attitude
- A passion for numbers, accuracy and skills in calculating figures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner / Fast adaptor with high level of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
go to method of application »
The Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the WezeshaDada project activities.
Project Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assists and supports the Projects Manager in coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication;
- Takes responsibility in organising and facilitating dialogue meetings, workshops and events with stakeholders to:
- Maintain coordination and promote cooperation;
- Raise awareness of efforts to prevent promote WezeshaDada
- Share experiences and lessons learnt;
- Manage and monitor CoMeT’s projects activities in close cooperation with the project team;
- Work closely with the Project Assistants/M&E Assistants to maintain and regularly update the database of project activities and progress;
- Contribute to internal (within the team and across the organisation) discussions on the project indicators;
- Preparation of monthly expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with CoMeT’s financial procedures;
- Assessing implementation progress, writing and filing of reports;
- Contribute to documentation of success stories and other anecdotal information to demonstrate results/impact of initiatives undertaken by partners and enhance the overall quality of performance reports to all constituents;
- Represent CoMeT at meetings, seminars, co-ordination forums and other events.
Qualifications for the Project Officer Job
- Degree or professional qualification in Community Development, Social Studies or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of proven working experience in development projects
Skills & Knowledge
- Skills and experience in project administration, organizational and operational project work.
- Experience of preparing budgets and financial reporting.
- Good report-writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral English and Swahili and ability to relate
sensitively to diverse groups.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the project region
- Knowledge of the languages spoken in the project locations is mandatory
Method of Application
Interested individuals should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) to email@example.com by 15th January 2017. The email Subject Line must show the job title “Accounts Assistant”.
CoMeT is an equal opportunity employer and women candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews