Regional Manager Job at Kenya Red Cross
Posted on: 25 January, 2017
Deadline: 3 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Regional Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic plans to develop, maintain and grow business within the region.
- Coordinate implementation of integrated community-based programme that includes public health, social services, water and sanitation, disease prevention and control as well as emergency care management.
- Coordinate implementation of community mobilization and capacity building strategies to promote hygiene practices in order to protect health and ensure that communities manage installed water and sanitation infrastructural facilities in a sustainable manner.
- Develop strategies for strengthening collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders, government agencies, the private sector and other players to ensure implementation of programmes that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Prepare periodic project status reports and oversee the documentation and reporting of programmes to ensure compliance with stipulated requirements, coordinate timely responses to donor queries as well as inform on constraints on programme delivery.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of programmes in order to assess progress, ensure accountability, determine impact and report significant achievements to ensure organizational learning.
- Oversee the dissemination of ideals and Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, International Humanitarian Law (IHL), and International Disaster Response Law (IDRL).
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote programme activities and articulate issues related to the humanitarian relief.
- Prepare concept papers, periodic and annual reports showing achievements of the treasury accounting unit against planned targets as well as provide justification for performance variances and recommending strategies for improvement.
- Assign duties, train, supervise and appraise regional staff.
Planning & Budgeting
- Coordinate the development, implementation of the annual Regional plan and budget under the direction of the Regional Committee.
- Ensure effective resource mobilization strategies, prepare and submit funding proposals according to donor requirements to supplement local budget allocations.
- Consolidate programme implementation of work plans that capture all donor requirements as well as planned activity accomplishments, outputs, and verifiable indicators.
- Coordinate implementation of disaster management programmes at the region level to effectively respond to natural and manmade disasters.
- Coordinate regional risk mapping and vulnerability capacity assessment activities to plan prepare, respond and mitigate disaster impacts.
- Design capacity building programmes to effectively prepare communities to respond to disasters, restore family links as well as put in place systems for community reconstruction and environmental conservation.
- County Coordinator
- Regional Programme Coordinator
- Regional Supply Chain Officer
- Regional Finance Officer
- Driver/ Mechanic
- Broad knowledge of project management, emergency and public health management, humanitarian relief issues, trends and goals aimed at preventing and alleviating human suffering.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s articulated vision for change.
- Ability to initiate and manage change and align programmes to the strategic plan.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and resolve differences and conflicts.
- Business Administration: Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures. Ability to allocate resources, plan procurement and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal stability of the organization.
- Building Work Relationships: Ability to work effectively with others, outside the line of formal authority. Ability to accomplish organization goals and to identify and resolve problems
- Change Management: Ability to plan and implement change initiatives. Ability to support innovation and creativity by encouraging staff to accept and resolve challenges.
- Ability to remain flexible to meet constantly changing and sometimes opposing demands.
- Understanding of the Organization’s Business: The professional must understand Human Resource practices, the structure of the overall organization, finance principles, and computer information systems.
- Building Accountability: Designing and implementing standards of accountability for others in the organization that can be used to focus, guide and set high standards of performance for others in order to achieve business results.
Qualifications for the Regional Manager Job
- Master’s in Business Management (MBA) or MSc in Public Health (MPH) or equivalent qualifications with certificate in project management.
- Over 7 years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community-based programmes in emergency/ relief context.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 3rd February 2017.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Red Cross SocietySimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Child Fund International
- Regional County Coordinator at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Career Opportunities at Centre for Health Solutions - Kenya (CHS)
- Chief of Party at Pathfinder International
- Procurement and Administration officer at Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
- Assistant Regional Finance Director Job at World Vision
- Finance Officer Job at Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC)
- Enumerator Job at Concern Worldwide - 30 Positions