If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The British Council
is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
Ensure that any test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met.
The successful candidate will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the British Council and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner.
- Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
- Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
- Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
- Ensure special arrangements are provided as required.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
- Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards
- Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
- Support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council.
- Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
Training And Development
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Examinations Services Centre.
Complete all mandatory training modules: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, Anti-Fraud, Invigilator on line training, Identity Checks as required.
Customer service: Responding to children/ young adults and parents' needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council career website on jobs.britishcouncil.org to apply