Ufanisi ICT Africa is an African Organisation that designs and develops computer applications, creative graphics, Visual Identity and Brand standards development, Print design, website and interactive media design, Display design, Brand strategy, Advertising design and multimedia services/products across East Africa.
The ideal candidate must have prior management experience in the solar industry.
- Develop customers and grow business across the region
- Ensure awareness of competition and competitors’ activities inclusive of pricing and product
- Adjust company tactics and strategy to deliver required results.
- Manage advertising and marketing initiatives within agreed time frames and budget.
- Ensure the highest standard of public branding image is maintained.
- Manage all debt, ensure individuals are responsible for collections and appropriate follow up
- Remain up to date with new development within the industry
- Manage the Sales team, ensuring they operate within all company policies and guidelines, and achieve set target
- Responsible for staff growth & development, motivation, training, coaching, promotion and discipline.
- Identify training needs, conduct staff performance appraisals and recommend requisite training
- Carry out annual appraisals of all your subordinates along the company documented guidelines.
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Solar Industry.
- Undergraduate degree in Energy Engineering, Commerce, or equivalent
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to deliver results
- Ability managed sales teams
- Appreciation for technical products
- Passion for customer service
- Team player
Monthly gross Salary: Kshs. 150,000 gross plus commission
go to method of application »
- Develop custom web applications and websites using LAMP stack.
- Meet with project team members and clients to develop an understanding of client requirements.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects under the guidance of our chief technical officer.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
- Work as part of a dedicated team of project managers, developers and database pros and designers.
- Develop new products and extend existing ones.
- Participate in all phases of Web application and websites development projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on web development experience.
- Programming experience using PHP/MySQL required.
- Thorough knowledge of both front-end and back-end technologies,
- Proven experience building web applications and database-driven websites.
- Interest in feature development to accommodate user needs
- Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Python is is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
The successful candidate is also expected to assist in managing financial accounting system and ensuring effective financial controls and accounting procedures and practices are followed.
- Direct reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager
- Working relationship with all staff.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
Effective management of the organisation’s financial accounting system
- Assist in developing an appropriate financial accounting system
- Keep and operate a simple accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Keep a record of all the receipts and payments
- Keep all consultancy contracts for associates
- Undertaking all banking services
- Undertaking monthly bank reconciliations and cash flow management
- Assist in Preparing and submitting monthly financial reports
- Assist in Preparing and submitting program financial reports
Management of effective financial controls
- Make payments to all creditors including preparation of payment vouchers for approval and making payment reconciliations
- Supervise the use of office petty cash imprest
- Following up on all grant/program financial requests and payments
Ensure tax compliance of the organistion
- Dealing with taxation matters including VAT, Withholding Tax and PAYE
- File tax returns in accordance with existing laws
Facilitating audits (Program and institutional)
- Maintain proper filing system of all financial records
- Preparing for and facilitating statutory annual audits
- Liaise with specific donors on program audits
- Familiarise with program documents and program financial requirements
- Assist to prepare and submit program financial reports and reconciliations
- Follow up on all per diems and reconciliations
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional accounting training – CPA (K), Chartered Accountant (CA), ACCA or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in a not for profit organization.
- Strong technical knowledge of finance and accounting.
- High level of IT proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
go to method of application »
Role Purpose: The Head of Marketing, Service Delivery & Operations is responsible for pricing, maintenance of the submarine cables, budgeting, analysis, and reporting, True Up monitoring, communication, management of data services as well as of all relevant pricing, marketing, and reporting activities.
Develop the product portfolio of Carrier Services as well as extend its capability and messages to customers in the market segment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Operational (incl. Planning):
- Prepare data services revenues and forecasts
- Manage TEAMS, EASSY and LION2 cable station inventories in liaison with Tools & Processes Officer
- Prepare reports on TEAMS management with respect to usage, pricing and representation
- Develop strategic pricing and planning for all Carrier Services products and markets while creating a whole set of product mix tools to cope with different requirements
- Develop pricing structure for local loops, IRUs, regional pricing, co-location and undersea cables use that will be used as a reference guide and to leverage the company revenues
- Prepare the cross connection reports with respect to other Carriers highlighting the amount and follow-up
- Develop the product portfolio of Carrier Services as well as extend its capability and messages to customers in the market segment
- Improve the pricing and product portfolio to optimize the revenue (customer share of wallet) via acquisition mix & volume, bundling and base management
- Create and capitalise on opportunities to market Carrier Services products, services
- Manage Wholesale customers Service experience on an end to end basis
- Coordinate with internal departments to deliver services required to meet customers’ expectations Manage and renders post-implementation support to escalations for Wholesale customers
- Review on a regular basis Service Performance and develop programs to proactively address any performance issues and track actions required to resolve recurring incidents and optimize service
- Manage Carrier Services Business Case activities in a timely manner meeting corporate objectives with minimal risk
- Financial evaluation of the cost and pricing structure by understanding the approaches in relation to the main direct and indirect cost drivers and their interactions
- Interface with business units (Business Solutions, Finance) to optimize design to cost solutions
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree in business management or equivalent. MBA ideal
- Over 6 years of broad marketing experience including product marketing and project management
- Strong commercial orientation and business judgment
- Confident and credible influencer, able to command respect
- Good knowledge of telecom industry with preferably good understanding of telecom product specifications
- Good experience of project management
- An analytical, numerate mind able to present business cases with clarity
- Good level of understanding in Telecom services
- Team player
- Customer oriented
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Ability to work in transversal organisation to deliver results to the team
- Excellent analytical and specification skills
- Result oriented
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with initiative and autonomy.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter specifying how they meet the person specification and a CV (no more than 3 pages) to us.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted