Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
The role of the Administration Manager will be to oversee and regulate the financial, administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Kenya. S/he will ensure compliance with relevant mandatory controls arising from Donors, Government of Kenya (GOK) and INSO. As a senior post, the Administration Manager will report directly to the INSO Director Kenya and will be subject to training and supervision by INSO Chief Administrative Officer. S/he will supervise one cashier, four regional assistants and two drivers. The post will require some travel to the provinces some of which are hardship areas.
- Implement, enforce and monitor the admin and finance policies/procedures in compliance with INSO SOPs, Kenyan law and donor requirements
- Follow the finance schedules in order to meet the financial reporting requirement to the Chief Administration Officer and donors
- Implement, enforce and monitor logistics/procurement policies in compliance of INSO SOPs and donor requirements
- Develop and implement a proper internal control in order to protect the country’s assets (cash and equipment’s) with the Country Director
- Ensure the programme is in accordance with local laws, in term of financial reporting requirements, labour laws and taxation
- Oversee the administrative and logistics department of the country programme and, when required, be involved in local staff recruitment of the administrative, finance, HR and logistics department; develop and deliver a training program for that team
- Oversee technical support to the Country Director and Safety Advisors in all administration, finance and logistics matters
- Bachelor Degree in either Business Administration or accounting,
- 5+ years’ work experience with an NGO
- Staff management and security experience
- Knowledge of administrative and logistical processes
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Computer literate, with good report writing and budget/financial management skills
- Experience with logistics
- Experience in Human Resources Management
- Experience in staff training and capacity building
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent analyst
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A people manager
- Experience working in a diverse cultural setting
Terms & Conditions: Local terms, annual renewable contract with expected start date of 1st April 2017, competitive remuneration, 24 days’ annual leave per year, health and life insurance cover.
Method of Application
Interested persons are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to reference ‘INSO CAM KENYA" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (3-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.