National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
Job Ref No: HR/013/17
Unit: Retail Banking Division
Reporting to: Head Micro Banking
Position Scope: The position is responsible for achievement of business growth objectives by ensuring implementation of Small Enterprise Banking strategic initiatives and capacity enhancement.
Support of Digital Lending initiatives including:
- Coordinate roll out of mobile lending solution to customers.
- Support in development of credit scoring solution.
- Development and commercialization of digital lending products.
Coordination of Loan Process reviews and initiatives:
- Undertake credit process reviews and implementation aimed at ensuring improved efficiency and turnaround time on loan processing.
- Coordinate full adoption of online credit origination process through EDMS.
- Ensure proper documentation of processes and lending guidelines.
Coordinate Implementation of Branch Credit Committee Lending
- Implement decentralized lending to all branches within the approved limits.
- Undertake training of the key branch staff on branch credit committee lending.
- Monitor the impact, performance and effectiveness of the credit committees. and offer appropriate support and recommendations.
- Ensure full compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Undertake automation of the branch credit committee lending through EDMS and credit scoring.
Training and Credit Skills Development
- Identify skills gaps among the micro bankers to enable planning for training.
- Development of training programme.
- Carry out training for key branch staff and branch managers to ensure skill-up on lending and credit management.
Credit Process Coordination
- Monitor and ensure TAT and SLAs with internal stakeholders are met
- Credit applications quality assurance to ensure reduced reworks and declines.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Loan portfolio size
- Loan portfolio quality (PAR)
- Value of deposits
- Number of accounts
- Nat Mobile sign Ups
- Staff Training
- Branch visits
- Divisional Heads
- Line Managers
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- Credit Management training
- 5 years’ experience in banking with skills in credit origination and analysis.
- Excellent skills in credit training and skills development.
- Proficient in digital and banking systems.
- Strong knowledge of Business banking products, services, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Risk management and assessment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Superior problem-solving, report writing and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Diploma in Microfinance
Method of Application
Send your CV and application letter clearly indicating the position title on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.