Cellulant is a digital payments business. We run an ecosystem of consumers, merchants and banks in which we facilitate payments and build value through the value-added services we layer on top. In building this ecosystem we serve different types of customers with different products, in a range that includes mobile banking products, mobile credit products, USSD, SMS, and digital content. We are currently serving merchants and banks across 10 countries, and a wide set of industries
Responsibilities for the Data Science Implementation Engineer Job
- You will be the principle ETL developer responsible for managing existing and new processes and applications required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata from source systems into our data warehouse or operational data store.
- You will be the heartbeat of our data strategy by ensuring our data solutions are up to date and accurate as well as ensure that our activation and growth toolsets are highly available.
- You will whole-heartedly own the responsibility to ensure that the data science, activation and growth department as well as their tool’s data requirements are met by managing our data pipeline, campaign management solution and our analytics tools’ performance and uptime.
- You will be practical and hands on and we will work with you to build product feature enhancements on-top of our current analytics toolsets and campaign management tools to ensure that our data driven consumer acquisition, activation, use and retention goals are met and exceeded.
- You will lead the department’s collaboration with internal stakeholders to define and execute cross-functional data movements into our central warehouse.
Qualifications for the Data Science Implementation Engineer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years practical experience with the Java & PHP programming languages a must.
- Experience in software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Experience with web services – SOAP & REST Based.
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server and SOA.
- Expert ability in SQL and mySQL server management and administration.
- Expert scripter in Linux, Solaris or UNIX OS’s.
- Excellent and demonstrable system and solutioning design and documentation skills
- 1 years’ experience in managing data lineage, ETL design and maintenance prefered.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to translate ideas and business requirements into fully functioning ETL workflows initiatives on several simultaneously assigned tasks.
What do we offer you?
When working at Cellulant*, you can expect to work on a diverse range of problems, with inspiring and creative colleagues. You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development, and we highly value continuous learning.
We offer you a challenging position in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Method of Application
Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to Jobs@cellulant.com
Please mention the position in the subject.The selection process entails an oral interview stage, followed by a case study presentation and a final interview. The deadline for application is 5th August 2017. Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: email@example.com or 0202606696.