KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory with an industry focus. The aim of KPMG member firms is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of their clients, people, and the capital markets.
Responsibilities for the Head of IT Job
Strategy formulation & Implementation
- Align the IT strategy with the KPMG EA strategy, identifying the business IT needs and formulating initiatives to meet those needs.
- Act as a liaison with KPMG Global on ITS requirements and lead the compliance of those within the EA region;
- Coordinate the regional ITS department ensuring the centralized and seamless provision of internal IT services to the various geographical locations;
- Document and articulate the ITS strategy to the business leadership and provide periodic progress updates.
- As a representative of IT, sit in the IT investment committee for the firm, ensuring that any potential software acquired is aligned to the IT strategy.
- Manage the staff resources within the department across the region by the assignment of tasks and ensuring that guidance is given for the teams to meet their goals.
- Manage the career progression of the regional staff, ensuring that assignments meet their career goals and that all relevant training is provided.
Service level Management
- Ensure that firm gets the necessary IT support at the prescribed levels, reviewing issues not resolved within prescribed timelines in the SLA and provide technical direction where required to proceed.
- Manage the contracting of vendors for IT services and liaise with them in matters regarding IT services provided.
- Regularly obtain feedback, formally and informally from users on the Service levels and promote healthy and open communication between ITS and the business;
- Continuously ensure that IT policies and procedures are regularly followed, and this is ensured by reviewing logs, reports and other outputs from various processes.
- Ensure the relevant processes are followed for all changes, whether system or process and necessary approvals given and adequately documented. This covers use of Global and Local Helpdesks and liaison with the appropriate contacts regionally and globally.
- Ensure adequate processes, communication and technology support for users to meet the firm’s risk management requirements
Budgeting and Cost Management
- Based on approved strategies and plans, set out a budget to meet them;
- Ensure all expenditure within ITS is within the approved budget, and seek approval where this deviates;
- Provide quarterly reports to the business leadership on ITS expenditure vs. budgets withdetails on variances identified.
- Provide support to the ITS team members as regards technical issues to do with hardware, software etc;
Project & Change Management
- Ensure that all projects are approved, budgeted for and properly documented, with clear deliverables and timelines agreed on by business units responsible and ITS;
- Setting up and maintaining a detailed IT security function and working with the NITSO office across EA to enhance and improve compliance levels as necessary
Qualifications for the Head of IT Job
- An undergraduate degree in an ICT related field;
- A Masters degree would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- Database management skills
- LAN & WAN, Cisco Networking knowledge
- Project management skills
- MCSE or at a minimum Certification in a server product
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Other IT professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
- 10 years working experience in a busy IT setup.
- Previous experience and use of data analytics would be an advantage
- The ideal candidate must be able to provide support to various management and leadership levels, and work well independently with the following skills and attributes:
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to handle and resolve unstructured problems, flex and adapt in new environments to create order and stability and provide effective solutions.
- Ability to view different perspectives of problems would be a great asset.
- Personal and Professional Ethics: Must operate and practice within the professional codeof conduct, be honest, with self and colleagues.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must demonstrate experience with leading people, firm and fair with ability to manage people with diverse personalities. Must be able to handle people in a professional manner even under pressure and when required to put in more time and effort that would normally be required.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills both written & verbal presentations.
- Experience presenting information to board or management level.
- Goal Driven and Results Oriented: Able to articulate the department goals, how these translate into individual goals and how they will be measured.
- Multicultural/multigenerational Skills: Must be able to operate and interact in a multicultural/multigenerational environment and uphold diversity. Must be respectful of different views and able to communicate effectively with diverse people.
- Resilience and Tenacity: Demonstrated experience of commitment to goals in good and bad times, and ability to contain and absorb stressful moments and issues.
- Innovation: Should be knowledgeable of the changing IT space and actively review the IT infrastructure for efficiency. Should be able to drive the use of technology at a business level and assist in strategic use of technology to deliver services within KPMG and to its clients
- A fantastic opportunity to work with experienced professionals with the East African Region.
- Continuous learning and development
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
Method of Application
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting BSS/01/2017 Head of IT on or before 7 July 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org