Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through "programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility", in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO
Department: ASAL Development
Supervisor: Regional Programme Coordinator
Location / Duty Station: Marsabit County
Project background: Sustainet EA,a regional NGO is implementing a drought resilience support program in Northern Kenya themed “Sustainable promotion of range pasture and fodder production and marketing among the pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in Marsabit County”.
The two year project seeks to strengthen pastoralists resilience by facilitating the scaling up and scaling out of fodder, fodder seed and agroforestry trees production and marketing and targets at least 500 agro-pastoral households.
Sustainet EA seeks to recruit a highly competitive field facilitator to collaborate with the field team in ensuring smooth implementation of the project.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Drive staff and authorized visitors to scheduled destination as directed by the Project Coordinator/Administrator.
- Ensure the general maintenance of the motor vehicle (proper and timely service, mechanical repairs, valid insurance stickers and other road requirements).
- Maintain a valid driving license at all times while driving the office vehicle.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the motor vehicle at all times and ensure that it is in perfect condition at all times.
- Ensure timely reporting of any mechanical problem, accidents or incidences to the Project Coordinator/Administrator and the responsible officer while in the field.
- Maintain proper and updated mileage records for the vehicle.
- Ensure that the office mails are picked from the post office twice a week and are well distributed to the relevant persons.
- Assist in getting quotations, invoices and receipts from the prospective suppliers and the current ones.
- Assist in the filing, photocopy, faxing and scanning of office documents.
- Perform any other office duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Deliverables: Monthly progress report as per the agreed format
- Education: KCSE Certificate
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience and past experience with NGOs will be an added advantage
- Valid driving licence and certificate of good conduct
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must be computer literate
Working Conditions: Use of double cabin pick-up (occasionally) for transportation.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please send your application letter and CV plus telephone contacts to:
Head of Human Resources and Development Department Sustainet East Africa Attention: Sharon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received by 5.00 pm 6 th (Thursday) July 2017
Sustainable Agriculture for Healthy Environment and Food Secure Society Head Office: Lavington Green, Chandarana House, 3 rd Floor, James Gichuru Road, P.O. Box 52201- 00100,
Tel: +254-20-2604616 /+254 0722 400413,
Juba Office: Manuki Block A,
P.O. Box 143
Juba, South Sudan;
Tel: +211 954219857