Mbiu’ is a ‘Kiswahili’ term which translates to horn.Traditionally in African societies a horn was blown to call people to a single location to notify them about what was going on in that village.
‘Mbiu’ is a digital media company that showcases innovation and creativity in the African lifestyle space. Our aim is to show what Africa has to offer to the whole world. ‘Mbiu’ is the horn and it’s the medium used to call the rest of the world to come and witness what Africa and its lifestyle culture is all about. The word ‘Mbiu’ gives the magazine more of an African feel.
Responsibilities for the Editor Assistant Internships
- Supporting editor in all activities
- proofing, editing and writing online content including via social media;
- uploading text and images to a website using a content management system;
- compiling newsletters using web design software and distributing newsletters using specific software.
- The intern will be working from home from time to time therefore having a laptop will be added advantage
- Updating social media channels with tending stories across Kenya and Africa
Editor Assistant Internships Requirements
- Have studied or is studying a media related courses in a respectable university
- Enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, self-motivation and flexibility;
- IT, administrative and secretarial skills, including word processing and research skills;
- a high standard of written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail, together with the ability to proofread;
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, work well with others and show initiative;
- Creativity, and in some cases digital-editing skills. You may also need knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Twitter;
- Time management skills, including the ability to keep to tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as Editor Assistant Internship.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14 July 2017