If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Duration: 3 Years
The incumbent shall report to the Head Hospitality
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing strategic direction, planning, coordinating and managing the Events Management Business line
Duties for the Events Manager Job
- Develop and implement Events Management Business plan and Work Plans to support the achievement of the business objectives.
- Develop, manage and control the events management budget.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, target setting and evaluation of employee’s performance.
- Ensure accountability, proper storage and handling of all assets under your control
- Planning and securing orders for trade shows/exhibitions
- Planning, coordination and management of events which include set up of tents, linen, décor, lighting, vehicle fleet, equipment, entertainment and all other relevant logistics.
- Update management on new and latest technology and innovation on events management
Timely execution of events setup while working closely with the client to ensure expectations of event set up are met.
- Booking of event locations, halls and equipment
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing strategies
- Foster collaborations and partnerships within the industry
- Any other duties assigned by the Head Hospitality
Events Manager Job Requirements
- Under graduate Degree in Events Management or related specialization
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Management of Events related to tents and décor in a décor company
- Must have a successful track record of management of high end corporate events
- Innovative, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage staff and external vendors in order to maximize productivity of the section
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent PR and Customer Service skills
- Computer Literate.
go to method of application »
Contract Duration: 2 Years
The incumbent shall report to the Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Services
The Lead System Developer shall work closely with project stakeholders, other developers, quality assurance specialist and business analysts to design, develop, and maintain the HIS systems.
Duties for the Lead System Developer Job
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test HIS systems
- Enhance existing HIS systems by analyzing business requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain the existing HIS assigned to you and by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Facilitate and contribute to HIS systems integration.
- Collaborate and share ideas with the developer team members.
- Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new technologies
- Conduct systematic HIS system testing and document these.
- Engage users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the products for our customers.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain both user and technical documentation for systems
- Facilitate capacity building
- Be willing to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Review the technical development and maintenance work in terms of output, planning and budgeting in liaison with the DCOP – Technical
- Set Targets, mentor, monitor and evaluate the performance of software developers
- Identify skill gaps within the team of developers and recommend the appropriate actions to the management
- Undertake additional task that will be allocated the supervisor
Job Lead System Developer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering or Related specialization.
- A least 3 years’ experience in enterprise Software Development.
- Extensive experience with Java and Python programming languages coupled with practical experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Demonstrable proficiency in modern software development Frameworks or methodologies such as RAD, JAD, and DSDM
- Experience in the Kenya Health Sector with expert knowledge in DHIS2 and related systems will be an added advantage
- Good team leader
- Ability to train the users on the developed systems.
go to method of application »
Contract Duration: 3 Years
UNES Management invites suitably suitable persons to apply and competitively fill the following vacant positions:
The incumbent shall report to the Chief Manager Finance & Administration
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical support to achieve efficiency in the performance of accounting function
Duties for the Senior Accountant Job
- Preparation of Management Accounts and Annual Financial statements.
- Monitoring the Bank reconciliations and review of the monthly bank reconciliation reports
- Management of staff payroll payments and consultant payment.
- Ensure full compliance with Statutory and Regulatory Payments and Returns.
- Budget Preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Overseeing the company’s Financial Accounting, Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordination of internal and external financial and systems audits
- Cash flow Management and Reporting
- Set targets, mentor, monitor and evaluate the performance of employees in the department
Senior Accountant Job Requirements
- Must possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option)Degree or equivalent
- At least six (6) years experience 3 of which must be at Accountant Level.
- Possess CPA(K) or equivalent and be a registered member of ICPAK
- Good working knowledge of the Kenyan Tax Laws.
- Posses relevant Computer and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on experience in preparation of financial statements and handling of external audits
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number on the title of the email
Submit copies of all the documents required strictly via email before the close of business of July 21, 2017.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration UNES LIMITED P.O.BOX 68241-00200 NAIROBI
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications. UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY