Team Quest is a consultancy firm offering a number of services that include team building, event emceeing, character and life skills training, leadership development and performance management.
The position holder is responsible for providing efficient and effective general administrative services that include: providing general office support and administration, managing reception, liaising with Internal And External Contacts And Providing Logistical Support.
Duties for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Welcoming visitors referring them to the appropriate teams and / or staff.
- Answer incoming phone calls and take messages if necessary and transfer outbound calls.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence including e-mails, general correspondence and other communication.
- Responsible for general office cleanliness.
- Drafting letters and other communication to external parties as maybe required.
- Support team in internal communications (e.g. ad hoc meetings, announcements, absences, updates)
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies and ensure that there is always an adequate supply of the same.
- Co-ordinate all pertinent travel arrangements for the team including booking of hotels, flights and other associated arrangements.
- Responsible for scheduling and follow up of client meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that items required on site for events have been availed and dispatched to the specific site.
- Responsible for ensuring that items used for an event are brought back to the office and are accounted for.
- Holds office float to facilitate payment from petty cash and provides weekly reconciliations to Head of Department.
- Follow up on supplier invoices and forwards them for payment.
- Issue cheques and maintains the relevant documentation.
- In liaison with the relevant employees, review and make payments for crews.
- Maintains and updates asset register and tracks of the movement of assets, ensure safe custody of assets and ensure that they are all insured.
- Responsible for conducting quarterly stock take of event items and company assets.
- Overall coordination of drivers and messenger: alerting staff when there are potential booking clashes, communicating shortage of availability in advance for planning purposes.
- Monitor and calculate fuel and mileage for vehicle use in liaison with the drivers.
- Supervise the office assistant, drivers and messenger.
- Ensure all office equipment is serviced on time and is in working condition.
- Maintain a service and maintenance schedule for all equipment and assets and liaises with the respective service providers to ensure that office equipment that needs repair, servicing or maintenance is done in good time. (e.g. computers, photocopier , printers etc)
- Manage service contracts with suppliers for required administrative services – including repair/maintenance, water, electricity, office supplies, etc. to avoid disruption of services and supplies.
- Ensure all service provides and suppliers are effectively managed.
- Ensure that all office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopy machine, telephone systems, vehicles etc) are well maintained and operating optimally.
- Ensure that office premises are in good state, and liaises with landlord and other service provides for timely repairs.
- Ensuring that all necessary requisitions that pertain to the department are raised in good time.
Schedule payments, raise payment requests and make timely payments for all utilities (security, IT, internet, rent, water, electricity, telephone).
- Responsible for all insurance matters that relate to the company (procuring and renewals).
- Maintaining of an accurate filing and record (paper and electronic) system.
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly reports for petty cash, fuel, mileage, utilities, consumables, events items and equipment and stationery.
- Maintain employee related documentation.
Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- A Diploma or Degree in Business Administration.
- Minimum age of 25 years.
- Minimum two years work experience in a similar role.
- Previous work experience in an events company will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a crucial requirement in this role.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple assignments with little direct supervision balanced by an understanding of the need to keep those involved informed of progress, workload and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Must have strong organizational skills demonstrating ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to make negotiate, decisions, exercise sound judgment and use initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Must be able to think of and find solutions for problematic situations that occur.
go to method of application »
The job holder is responsible for assembling, setting up, operating and maintaining the technical equipment during events.
Duties for the Sound & Ligthing Technician Job
- Liaise with project manager to understand light and sound requirements for the event.
- Visiting and assessing event locations for technical purposes
- Prepare a brief on the proposed execution model that will be adopted for the event.
- Establish sound and lighting requirements for event.
- Liaise with project manager throughout the event
- Run cable, check mikes, and set up baseline levels before event
- Assign mikes levels to ensure balanced sound.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during events.
- Maintenance on quality sound throughout the event.
- Responsible for plotting the lighting.
- Assemble all the lighting and filter equipment needed.
- Ensure all lighting equipment is in working order and organize any necessary scaffolding and cranes.
- Conduct risk assessments for health and safety purposes.
- Pre-rig the lighting and ensure all cables and wires are safely concealed.
- Load automated colour change systems.
- Check the focusing of lighting at rehearsals.
- Programme and operate lighting consoles during the event.
- De-rig all equipment at the end of the event and ensure it is safely transported away from the location and/or stored.
- Managing the lighting and sound budget and advising on the purchase/hire of suitable equipment.
- Resolve technical issues when they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring that periodic maintenance of equipment is done.
- Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are done.
- Maintaining the sound and lighting equipment in good safe working condition.
- Responsible for the safe storage of the sound and lighting equipment.
- Maintain a register of all equipment and prepare monthly reports.
- Prepare report at the end of every event.
- Keeping abreast of the advances in technologies and techniques in the industry.
Sound & Ligthing Technician Job Requirements
- A Diploma or Degree in sound engineering, electrical engineering or other related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good oral and written skills.
- Must have attention to detail
- Have a creative flair
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work as a team
- Good level of fitness.
go to method of application »
The job holder is tasked with the responsibility for sourcing for business and is in charge of the smooth event execution to ensure client satisfaction. S/he manages the event from concept to completion, vendor partnerships, client’s budgets and timelines.
Duties for the Project Manager Job
- Sourcing for business.
- Responsible for communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Developing proposals based on client brief.
- Responsible for event planning, design and production, while managing all project delivery elements within the timelines
- Setting and developing timelines, event task list and assignment of duties.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers and manage supplier relationships.
- Develop and manage event budgets, reconciliation and event income and expenses.
- Negotiate events discounts on behalf of company and identify cost savings.
- Conducting site visits before an event to ascertain requirements.
- Managing logistics, operations, schedules and productions coordination to ensure event is delivered efficiently.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet and exceed client’s expectations.
- Lead all promotional activities relating to the event.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, health and safety obligations
- Proactively handle any arising issues and trouble shoots any emerging problems on the day of the event.
- Managed and supervise all staff working at the event.
- Responsible for quality control
- Responsible for the set up and set down and maintain event equipment.
- Conduct pre-and post event evaluations and report on the outcomes.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Network with industry professionals and keeps abreast with the current trends in the industry.
Project Manager Job Requirements
- A Diploma or Degree in any field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in an event related.
- Event and project management certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organization skills and a high level attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Results oriented with strong time management skills.
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Cost consciousness.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
Method of Application
If you fit the bill, kindly send us your CV including 3 professional referees to email@example.com
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary and the notice period you would require if selected for the position by 24th July 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.