Kenya is a Nonprofit organization aiming to improve the legal standing of women in Kenya. With details of events, annual reports and membership.
Duties for the Senior Legal Counsel Job
- Provide legal advice to FIDA Kenya clients.
- Provide legal representation to FIDA Kenya Clients.
- Prepare pleadings and legal briefs.
- Prepare case strategies in consultation with the team leader.
- Make interventions and petitions on behalf of the public in gender related issues including Public Interest Litigation (PIL)
- Link with strategic partners including NGOs, Government departments and relevant bodies
- Support clients to access justice through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and other informal justice systems
- Training clients on self-representation
- Preparation of programme /activity plans and reports
Senior Legal Counsel Job Qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with FIVE (5) years post admission experience
- Must possess a valid practising certificate
- Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation
- Must posses strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Litigation, Gender & Women’s rights Issues
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with updated Curriculum Vitae including 3 references, one of whom must be a previous supervisor. The candidate MUST indicate expected salary and a daytime contact.
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Executive Director on or before Friday, 11th August 2017 at 5.00 pm. Only email applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted. FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director FIDA Kenya Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington. P.O. Box 46324-00100 NAIROBI