If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Wildlife Foundation
, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
The incumbent will play a key role in AWF’s digital marketing efforts focusing on creating, editing and optimizing compelling content to ensure the breadth of our work is communicated across AWF’s websites, blogs and marketing campaign. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and report to Digital Marketing Manager.
Digital Content Officer Job Responsibilities
- Plan and maintain editorial calendar to ensure coverage of new programs and projects — and consistent updates to existing content across AWF’s websites.
- Liaise with field and program staff, ensuring AWF’s websites and other digital properties reflect key program efforts and impacts in real-time.
- Conceptualize, research and write interesting content, maintaining a strong brand voice and ensuring AWF upholds its reputation as the authority on African conservation
- Collaborate cross-organizationally to create and maintain web content that serves the needs of various business units.
- Work with closely with Digital Marketing Manager to build and implement AWF’s digital content strategy across websites, blogs, social media and other channels as needed.
- Review, edit and optimize articles, news stories and other content submitted by the organization’s stakeholders with a keen eye for SEO best practices and editorial guidelines.
- Collaborate with staff to regularly produce articles by a variety of authors, providing guidance on topics and best practices.
- Develop digital content for partner sites and co-marketing endeavors.
- Identify key trends and topics, test content performance and report on key metrics.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to ensure all of AWF’s digital content adheres to best practices, SEO and key messages.
- Identify and build relationships with new and established online publishing and content platforms to place AWF’s content on external sites and build quality links.
- Work with Digital Design and Development Specialist to create complimentary digital assets as needed.
- Keep their finger on the pulse of new content and digital trends and platforms. Develop content for new channels and platforms, as needed.
Qualifications for the Digital Content Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ year(s) of experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to draft copy quickly for a variety of audiences
- Audience-first mindset and the ability to ensure we live out our brand promise and communicate our work consistently across channels
- Basic HTML experience
- Experience with CMS platforms
- Understanding of basic SEO principles and best practices
- Strong research skills and ability to translate complex ideas and issues into easily understood messages
- Experience working the Adobe Creative Suite not required, but a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
- Keen interest or experience in Africa’s wildlife/land/people preferred, but not required
go to method of application »
- Schedule both internal and external events of note, and run media and advocacy team diary to support project planning and strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with African journalists.
- Launch the AWF youth club and manage bi-monthly youth engagement forums.
- Provide general administration where needed as well as assisting with logistics.
- Work closely with the social media officer for round-the-clock news update on AWF digital platforms.
- Working with the social media team, assist in managing the AWF President social media accounts and grow his presence on social media through the development of inspiring, interactive content, including text, images, video and audio.
- Support the development and production of creative and engaging advocacy resources, including information booklets, flyers, posters, infographics and newsletters.
- Help to organise workshops, seminars, exhibitions and employee functions.
- Produce a monthly newsletter to ensure effective internal communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least five years’ experience in a busy multi-media newsroom.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field.
- A great eye for a story and the ability to share it across all media channels.
- Excellent writing, digital storytelling, problem solving and time management skills.
- Confidence to guide senior colleagues on communications projects.
- Creative social media experience, preferably in citizen journalism and youth engagement.
- Experience of communications policy and project planning, including social media campaigns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing date is August 30, 2017