Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the HR Operations Department within the Resources Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of HR Operations the position holder will be responsible for maximizing efficiency & utilization of systems in enhancing resources management through participation in optimization of HR operations & coordinating projects from initiation to completion using maximum and effective utilization of project management tools, techniques, and experience, creativity, and management skills, to reach the predetermined objectives.
- Updating and monitoring the HR Intranet site
- Analyze report on HR site usage by staff & recommend improvement
- Evaluate HR operations & identify opportunities to automate for efficiency
- Ensure information within Oracle HR system is updated and accurate
- Perform audits within the system to identify improvement areas
- Act as the Link between HR/Technology and with other respective parties in HR processes identified for changes and ensure implementation of communicated system requirement.
- Work with L&D team in facilitating training for companywide users on the new systems developed for HR.
- Coordinate through Technology division the HR information control reviews to include HR systems operating procedures, security systems, communication controls, backup and systems maintenance.
- Putting together a project plan including budget implications to automate the identified process and getting required approvals
- Managing the project to completion and cut over, and where necessary, monitoring progress of system and producing progress/evaluation reports to stakeholders.
- Work with projects office to ensure maintenance of
- essential project documentation: Statement of works, contract, project charter, Risk assessment document, project status report, project closure etc.
- Participate and or chair HR project meetings, discussions, project site visits, workshops and hearings.
- Ensuring that the Signature processes/procedures for the Division are documented, agreed upon and signed by all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in HRM
- Excellent stakeholder and team management skills is essential
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management with at least 3 years’ experience specifically in HRIS and ERP management
- Considerable knowledge of current trends and practices in HR
- Ability to address staff issues at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Very strong communication skills – verbal and written – simple style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Vendor Acquisition, the role holder will achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap and Work transversally on the different digital social media channels building the Masoko brand in the market (brand awareness).
- Generate relevant content align with the brand architecture and commercial goals to drive traffic (paid and no paid to the site)
- Generate tactical strategies in social media that drive specific campaign awareness and customer acquisition
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Develop relevant strategies across the different social media channels (facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, others) to engage our customer with to Masoko
- Develop planning and process to ensure a daily communication aligned to the brand tone
- Execute communication strategies across the channels (paid and non-paid) to drive traffic to Masoko
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Develop other relevant tools to generate brand awareness and traffic (brand ambassador, influencers)
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Excellent communication skills, must have a consultative sales approach and be a strong persuader and influencer at senior level.
- Highly driven, is self-motivated, target orientated, resilient and tenacious,
- Is customer focused, enjoys working autonomously, hits the ground running and demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Strong analytical skills, makes well-judged decisions, good numeracy, pays strong attention to detail, is a strong problem solver, demonstrates good commercial awareness and thinks outside the box to generate new ideas
- Has a flexible approach, thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a strategic sales environment
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Safaricom Garage Department within the Innovation Hub Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Head of Products the position holder will be the advocate and representative of the people targeted as user, consumers or customers of our products.
- He/she will help everyone to focus on the Human. They will help to create an understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
- They will do this by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of the users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
- The research will contribute to building useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on existing products.
- The findings will be shared to inspire change at all stages of product development through written, in-person and visual presentations.
- Bring a strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, as well as best practices and core principles of great UX, ensuring that any user journey is an outstanding experience. Other things you will be doing
- Lead a user-centered UX process for the team with focus on forming solutions that meet both business objectives and user needs for today, but be a visionary for the future
- Research, understand and identify user needs, problem areas and opportunities and create a possible ideal future for them
- Generate ideas and use ideation tools and techniques for creating strong solutions and possibilities
- Decide on the best possible solution, creating user journeys, flows and wireframes
- Apply visual design craft and polish for handover to engineering
- Prototype to the required level of fidelity in Proto.io, Invision, Principle, Pixate, Framer, Pop, Keynote and other tools.
- Organise and conduct user research and identify what works and what needs work
- Prepare, conduct and present findings of usability testing
- Give and receive feedback in regular design reviews as part of Innovation team
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of UX documentation, brand/design standards,
- Facilitate workshops involving key stakeholders, collaboratively producing the best solutions
- Communicate and present your work and ideas in a clear and compelling way to Laymen, Peers and Executives.
- 5 years’ experience
- Preferred Bachelor or Masters in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and qualitative techniques (e.g. heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, tree tests, lo-fidelity prototype testing, interviews, field research, usability testing, UI reviews).
- A strong understanding of relevant technology and digital trends and research experience in multiple digital channels.
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, specifically demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.