If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a national indigenous non-governmental organisation started in 2006 and registered with the NGO Coordination Board. ICE was founded out of a visible need to promote the inherent and natural role of culture in environmental and resource management in Kenya. ICE works with community groups and schools in Tharaka Nithi, Machakos, Meru, Murang’a, Embu and Kiambu counties.
The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a national indigenous non-governmental organization (NGO) that was started in 2006 and is registered in Kenya under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE accompanies communities in rediscovering the value of local knowledge and local resources in livelihoods improvement and environmental conservation.
- Ensure all payments are correctly authorised, recorded and paid.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts ids done
- Ensure all financial transactions are correctly recorded in the accounting system
- Prepare monthly financial management accounts
- Ensure statutory deductions and other remittances are executed on time
- Support ICE Management in preparation of the annual budget and project specific budgets
- Ensure timely financial reporting
- Supervising subordinate staff
- Keeping and updating staff records
- Facilitating external audits and implementing recommendations of audit management letter
- Implementing recommendations of accounting, systems & compliance audits commissioned by donor agency(ies)
- Monitor grant and contract expenditures against original budgets; develop expenditure projections and provide guidance and feedback to the field team, the Director, and project program staff and liaise with the donors regarding financial status and future expenditures.
- Maintain and update Grants Master files and ensure adherence to the grant contractual obligations;
- Participate in fundraising for the sustenance organization.
- Three (3) years experience in multi-donor financial accounting and management
- Experience in office management and logistical support
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Working experience with QuickBooks and any other current financial management systems/softwares
- Proactive approach to work and good self-motivation
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to deal with people from different cultures
- Flexibility to work and adapt to changing demands and circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce (Finance), Accounting (Essential).
- Minimum of CPA (3) or equivalent qualification
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to send application letter illustrating how they meet the above requirements plus a detailed curriculum vitae with names and full phone contacts of three (3) current referees. Applications should be sent to: email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date for receipt of applications is Monday 20th November 2017 at 5pm.