Kakenya’s Dream is a registered Trust whose mission is to invest in girls from rural communities to become agents of change through transformational, educational, health and leadership initiatives that accelerate development in Africa. Kakenya’s Dream seeks to employ a Director of Schools who will head a new group of private schools serving kindergarten through Form 4. The School is set to open January 2018.
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Isampin, Kilgoris, Narok County
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE DIRECTOR OF SCHOOLS
- Build, develop, and lead the mission-critical team of Head Teachers toward exceptional outcomes for students, families, and staff that will close existing education gaps.
- Leading execution and interdepartmental coordination of the core academic programs.
- Providing feedback to the Curriculum team, in order to improve learning outcomes and ensure that the students and the schools are consistently performing in the top tier nationally. Work with the Curriculum team to enhance and expand the quality of the learning experience beyond that of the national curriculum especially in the areas of science, technology, mathematics (STEM) and creative arts.
- Representing KCE with key national stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and other government education officials Conducting necessary market and regulatory research to inform instructional systems and policies (timetable, teacher specialty configurations, retention policies, exam policy, placement policy)
- Managing the Academics team: Curriculum, Field Work, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Instructional Leadership, Innovation
- Onboard and train newly hired school head teachers and teachers that will be hired for both primary and secondary schools and assist in the recruitment and selection of other key staff to ensure that we have high-caliber leadership teams at each school.
- Working with the school head teacher, overseeing all instructional and cultural aspects of the school.
- Working with and through our school head teachers, ensure that we are being data-driven in our approach to school improvement and build strong systems for data review and subsequent interventions
- Coordinate the logistical and operational aspects of running two boarding schools on one campus ensuring a safe and nurturing environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Step to co-manage any crises that emerge at our schools in cases where the crisis calls for leadership that the school head teacher is not yet developmentally ready to provide
- Supervise and offer support to all the staff and teams working at the primary and the secondary school.
- Any other duties assigned.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Principal
- Demonstrated significant student achievement results as a school leader and in ‐ depth experience in school leadership and leading Head Teachers
- Experience inside or working with a rural School.
- Strong leadership skills and personal drive
- An entrepreneurial spirit joining a fast growing team and a proven track record of results
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education