Professional Skills Co-coordinator at British Council
Posted on: 4 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at British Council
The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
The post holder will support the smooth and effective planning and delivery of high-quality training programmes and services to ensure client satisfaction and contribute to the growth in income and impact of Professional Skills in Kenya.
The Professional Skills Co-coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the training activities and support the Professional Skills centre Manager in the effective running of the British Council Professional Skills in Kenya.
- Manage Professional Skills training schedule, including booking courses for customers, arranging trainers and booking rooms where needed. Reschedule courses and manage trainer absence where necessary.
- Organise and maintain accurate records on all trainers and clients
- Produce all materials for training sessions, including: participants’ workbooks, trainer workbooks, hand-outs and sets of cards, stationery, certificates, feedback forms and any supplementary materials as needed by trainers. Ensure that all materials comply with branding guidelines and are produced to deadlines.
- Create and manage virtual and physical storage systems for all course materials. Update systems when needed.
- Communicate with all clients on all arrangements for training sessions, including scheduling, confirmation, needs analysis surveys and welcome emails.
- Manage the set-up of all training rooms to ensure they are ready 30 minutes before the start of courses
- Manage travel arrangements for Professional Skills team as needed, including taxi, flight and hotel bookings in line with British Council’s travel and procurement policies
- Arrange catering for training sessions as necessary
- Copy, distribute to trainers and collect feedback forms. Keep accurate records of all feedback and provide regular updates to trainers, business development staff and management.
- Process purchase orders and invoices and keep accurate records of these
- Manage payments to trainers and vendors and receipts from clients and customers and keep accurate records of these
- Participate in estimating cash flow and provide monthly reports to Kenya finance team
- Assist in managing debtors and recovering income owed as well as supporting the monthly financial reconciliations
- Schedule meetings with clients and potential clients where necessary
- Produce data on specific clients as needed e.g. number of courses, booked, number of participants, types of courses
- Arrange and attend seminars and promotional events to support the Professional Skills team. This may include: booking and liaising with venue, arranging catering, managing the guest list, producing invitations,
- Support the Professional Skills team in producing proposals where necessary
- Handle email and telephone enquiries from clients and potential clients
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council career website on jobs.britishcouncil.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Program Assistant at Global Communities
- Data Operator at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Job Vacancy at Human Assets
- Driver at Adeso
- Information Officer at University of Maryland
- Country Director at Nutrition International
- Communications Officer at International Organizational for Migration
- Job Vacancy at Trócaire