If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At Alternate Doors we pride ourselves on ensuring both the Employers and the job seekers get what they want in the most professional and efficient manner. ( HASSLE-FREE). As a client(Employer), we believe in ensuring we understand your business and your needs so that we can get the best candidates available.
Our Client, an ICT company that prides itself in delivery of cost-effective future proof solutions, backed by exemplary customer service is currently recruiting a Telecom Engineer.
Being the Solution Expert – Unified Communications Solutions, you are Directly Accountable for:
Project Planning & Management
- Project planning: develop specific timelines for projects to deliver an accurate budget.
- Staff deployment: develop and maintain a technician scheduling platform.
- Project management: set appropriate project milestones and maintain them through effective communication with Account Manager, Project Manager and Client.
- Process management: develop and maintain effective analytics to measure profitability and efficiency.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the installation of communications systems.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Provide direction and clear installation standards for other technical staff.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and installation problems.
- Perform equipment installation on voice and data communications equipment, software, hardware and networks in customer sites throughout Africa.
- Receive and review work orders, identify any inaccuracies, omissions, or incompatibilities in equipment components.
- Follow up with other staff to resolve problems.
- Installation and connection of a wide variety of cable types (e.g. Twisted pair, fiber optics, co-ax, etc.), which carry data between various computer devices, including but not limited to local area network cabling, and antenna cabling.
- Connect cabling and switches to phone lines.
- Install programmable and non-programmable transceivers, terminal servers, access points, and other electronic components.
- Perform point-to-point and multi-drop communications installations.
- Test, calibrate and adjust components, where necessary to ensure effective and efficient transfer of data.
- Complete work, update work orders insuring that all changes i.e. Additions/deletions are correctly documented and forward to project management for billing.
- Reports to the Product Manager.
- Dealing with Internal and External customers to improve business profitability.
- This position may be assigned to support a Client account relations role.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Information Technology / Telecommunication and Information Technology / Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a Higher National Diploma in Telecomunication / Electrical & Electronic Engineering or a Minimum 5 years’ Telecommunication Installation industry experience.
- Extensive certification in Professional Routing and Switching courses.
- Project Management and Audit Reviews.
- Routing and Switching.
- Products Knowledge
- Structured Cabling Installation & Configuration.
Our client is a restaurant based in Mombasa currently recruiting waitress and bartenders.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to up sell.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Coordinate with the kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Contact MSMEs( Micro,Small and Medium companies)prospects by phone and email (60 – 80 calls per day)
- Sales are conducted via web conference and phone ( DEMOs)
- Some clients would require Sales Visits- DEMOs
- Schedule is Full-time Monday–Friday (no nights or weekends)
- Any Education background,( IT , HR or a Business related course- experience in interacting with MSMEs is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Sales in ( Software, Microfinance, Banking, Insurance, Directory -Listing) would be an added plus).-Experience however is not required.
- Track record of exceeding expectations
- A desire to have a successful career in sales
- Ability to articulate our value proposition to MSMEs via webinars, Inperson,online demos, phone, and email
- Experience identifying and qualifying opportunities
- Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills
- Great attitude, high motivation, and a passion for growth
- You have an eye for detail
- You like to work in a team and help everyone succeed
- You are passionate about sales and want to do it as a long-term career
- You have a positive attitude
- You are competitive
What we will provide.
- Retainer and 10% Commissions – Transport and Communication Costs
- Business Cards and other Marketing tools
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.