If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
NFT Consult - Our Client is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Their systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: they build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities franchised to residents in the community. They collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, They convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Our Client is looking for a qualified Junior Legal Officer to join their Business Risk Management team on a full- time basis.
About the role:
The team works to ensure that all company operations are conducted in a transparent manner and promote accountability for all company expenditure.
The role holder will be a young, energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual who will be working closely with the legal manager to ensure that the company legal and business risk issues are handled on time and efficiently managed.
- Formulating compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required to draft legal documents is provided accordingly.
- Ensuring records of contracts, leases, loan agreements and the covenants as the case may be are in good order.
- Providing timely prompts to team leaders and managers on renewals or termination of agreements.
- Drawing up contracts, lease documents, loan agreements and other legal documents as may be required by internal stakeholders to assist and support various business activities.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal or business risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Providing and interpreting legal information, conducting training and disseminating appropriate legal information to staff.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting documentation for business transactions and advising on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation and liaising with and managing external lawyers.
- Ensuring the undertaking of due diligence searches on behalf of the Our Client and associated companies and liaising with an external legal counsel as required.
- Ensuring the follow up of all court cases facing the organization and attend court hearings where necessary, follow up of Judgments and costs on behalf of the Organization.
- LL.B (Second Upper) from a Public University is Required.
- A post graduate diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law.
- At Least 1-year post admission experience in a busy law firm.
- A valid practicing certificate.
- Demonstrable experience in handling a large and high value vendor contract portfolio.
- Demonstrable success in handling employee disciplinary issues, litigating or advising on litigation strategy for labour relations
- Excellent research skills.
- Experience in Immigration laws will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a startup and a multicultural environment is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills (verbal, written) and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships. Should have ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
- Pleasant, energetic, confident, with a positive, can-do attitude, good work ethic and professionalism. Should have the ability to maintain confidentialities and tactful in dealing with clients.
- Proactive, able to multi-task, prioritize work, meet deadlines & works effectively under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative in developing solutions to meet complex administrative/technical needs of work group. Should have very strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain equilibrium and focus in a demanding, fast-paced work environment and be a team player and effective in role as BRM resource.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among Our Client-Stars:
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team.
- A desire to understand and serve customers.
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy.
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas.
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally.
The perks you’ll have:
- A holistic benefits package.
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NFT Consult career website on career.nftconsult.com to apply