Beacon of Hope (BOH) is a faith based Non Governmental Organization with a mission of catalyzing sustainable transformation by uplifting the spiritual, physical, economic and social well-being of individuals, families and communities.
Beacon Vocational training College goal is to offer value centered holistic, quality education and training that produces transformed, skilled, competent, and competitive individuals who are agents of change in society. We are seeking a talented full-time Instructor/Coach to deliver our Customer Service Agents (CSA) training program that equips youth with the skills to enter entry-level call centre roles.
The program is being implemented in partnership with Generation Kenya. Generation is a global youth employment program that helps provide young adults the opportunity to build successful careers and change their life trajectories. In Kenya, Generation has successfully launched four training programs: Financial Services Sales (FSS), Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales and Customer Service Agents (CSA).
The CSA program is an intensive 4-week course which focuses on a combination of technical, behavioral and mindset skills required to be successful in a Customer service environment.
The Instructor will report to BOH Generation Kenya Program Coordinator and will work in collaboration with Generation Kenya lead Coach and BOH Vocational Training College staff.
- Delivery of Skills-based Training: Participate in an intensive 5-day training of trainers workshop on Customer Service Agents training delivery. Implement the overarching structure and flow of the Generation curriculum, including behavioral skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials sessions.
- Program Management – Under the guidance of the Program Coordinators: Mobilize targeted youth using Generation-specific promotional and communications strategies.
- Mentoring – Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in Customer Service, Call Centre or related field (e.g., business, finance, marketing, communications)
- At least 1 year experience working on providing customer service through a call centre role
- Competency in Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Experience teaching and/or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 20 and 30.
- At least one year experience delivering training (e.g. new hire on-boarding, on-the-job training, formal classroom instruction, coaching or mentoring)
- Previous experience in coaching, training or instructional delivery
- Motivational Fit. Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed youth.
- Professionalism. This includes but not limited to adherence to a professional dress code, communications and engagement with supervisors, colleagues and students and pays close attention to detail
- Effective Communication. Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English – the language of instruction for all Generation trainings
- Data Management. The ability to collect and analyze training data as required by Generation Programs
- An openness to frequent feedback from students and the program team.
- Commitment to Feedback and Growth. Be self-reflective, openly receive feedback on his / her performance and should be able to apply feedback and pursue additional learning to improve his / her performance.
Solutions and Results Oriented. A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong cross-cultural skills that demonstrate the ability to engage well with students.
- The ability to be a team player
Individuals who are proactive and demonstrates great multi-tasking skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through email@example.com stating their overall suitability for the position together with a cover letter, detailed CV that clearly addresses the ability to perform the key responsibilities, references and salary history to;
Beacon Of Hope
P. O. Box 4326 – 00200
The position is opened until filled.