Finance Manager at Microfinance Institution - Corporate Staffing
Posted on: 10 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Corporate Staffing
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Corporate Staffing - Our client is a fast growing micro-finance banking institution located in Nairobi offering comprehensive financial products and service.
They seek to hire a Finance Manager who will be Responsible for the overall maintenance of accounting books and systems. As such s/he will sanction all transactions posted in the accounting Management Information Systems.
- To ensure compliance with organizational and statutory financial policy requirements
- Prepare monthly and annual reports & make recommendations for update of financial policy and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for CBK reporting and timeliness in returns submission.
- In consultation with the CEO, maintain and operate bank accounts of the bank so as to ensure efficient management of the financial resources.
- Forecast cash flow requirements and initiate interbank transfers to meet cash needs.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements to keep track of balances
- In consultation with the CEO and heads of department, ensure preparation and maintenance of organization’s financial forecast and more particularly
- Annual budget of the organization
- Annual budget variance
- Five year business plan
- Responsible for the design of procurement policies and procedures as well as their enforcement.
- To deal with rent commitments, office furniture/equipment, utilities, sanitation, security and transport.
- Responsible for regular servicing of equipment and therefore will deal with external customers such as Auditors, banks, landlords, suppliers and service providers.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by CEO and Executive Committee
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or related field.
- Be a qualified Certified Public Accountant or its equivalent.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Finance Department in a bank or a financial institution regulated by Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), with proven track record.
- Understand the Banking Act, the CBK Prudential Guidelines and general laws related to Banking.
- High levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Computer skills: Adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email.
- Finance officer/assistant, Head office support and non-support staffs
- Internal- with all departments in the Head Office and the branch network.
- External- Customers, suppliers, Government Institutions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Corporate Staffing career website on www.corporatestaffing.co.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Corporate StaffingSimilar Jobs
- Country Officer at Citibank
- Job Opportunitiy at Okavango Capital Partners
- Auditor at Spire Bank Kenya
- Accountant Analyst at iJenga Ventures Limited
- Engineer at TalentintheCloud
- Job Opportunities at KCB Bank Kenya
- Jobs at HFC Limited | HF Group
- Sales Manager at UAP Old Mutual Group