Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Finance Consultant to help drive a high performing finance department. The Finance Consultant position is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and innovative individual to help build robust financial management and reporting systems and processes and provide strategic direction for the finance department of Nova Pioneer in Kenya. The position is initially based at the Nova Pioneer Network office in Nairobi but will require travel between schools from time to time. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century. Learn more about Nova Pioneer below.
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Design and develop improved robust financial management and reporting systems and processes that will lead the finance function to become a high performing and highly effective department
- Drive financial planning and cash flow management for the organisation. Conduct monthly financial reporting and provide analysis to the executive team and relevant budget owners
- Manage a team of junior and mid-level finance people across schools in Kenya
- Oversee the collections process and ensure all targets are reached through collection of fees
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Oversee robust budget setting and management system and engage with managers around this process
- Liaise and coordinate with the Finance Leader for South Africa to ensure best practice and transfer of knowledge, processes and systems across all Nova Pioneer geographies
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MA or CPA is a requirement
- You have at least 5 years of experience managing a finance department significant responsibility
- You have very strong finance capability and you have an interest in a long term pathway to CFO. This role could grow into a Finance Director role for Kenya or into a CFO role overseeing both South Africa and Kenya
- You are relatively entrepreneurial and enjoy a challenge. You get excited about designing and building effective financial systems and processes. This is a demanding role where you'll be required to create order from chaos. You must be ready to put in the time it takes to build your vision
- You have led teams and coached individuals to achieve results. People love working with you and for you
- You have excellent communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively with your finance team, school leadership as well as shareholders and investors. You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are results driven. You set clear, attainable and measurable targets for your team and are able to motivate them to achieve their personal and the departmental goals
- You are a stickler for detail and ensure that you and your team are accurate and thorough in all that you do
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on novaacademies.applytojob.com to apply