We are now seeking to appoint a Programme Manager who can provide effective and efficient day-to-day administration and management of IDeAL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Director, IDeAL / Head of Training in managing academic training at the Programme
- Providing day-to-day management of all research training schemes under IDeAL - including organising and overseeing recruitment, registration of students, progress monitoring, final assessment
- Managing IDeAL’s administrative team and acting as the main point of contact with KWTRP management, and researchers
- Day -to-day management of IDeAL’s funding – including supporting training fellows with budget planning and approving expenditure.
- Managing the annual bussiness plan for generic skills training for all students and postdocs supported by IDeAL and other funding.
- Managing correspondence between IDeAL and institutions where IDeAL students are registered.
- Managing the establishment of a strong Alumni network amongst those trained by IDeAL.
- Ensuring proper keeping of training records for the purposes of M&E and reporting to funding agencies and other stakeholders.
- A PhD in any discipline from a recognised university
- At least five years post qualification experience, three years of which include working as a project manager in research or capacity building initiatives or experience in managing postgraduate training.
- Computer literate; proficiency in Microsoft Applications including project management softwares
- Demonstrable knowledge of the process of developing bussiness plans, budgeting, and reporting to funder,
- A good understanding of the process of graduate training
- Experience in developing or managing electronic students information system
- Strong in management and administration
- Good planning and organisational ability
- Consultative approach with the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team working skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Good oral presentation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills