If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Alternate Doors Consulting is a Human Resource Solutions Company offering Human Resource Consulting Services, Human Resource Automated Services, Recruitment and Headhunting to Small and Medium Businesses in Kenya.
Our client is a manufacturing and distribution company based in Nakuru. They are looking for a PA who will ease the CEO’s job by being able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be the point person for their extremely busy, fast paced organization and enjoy receiving visitors, including arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
Manage overall communication and administrative functions for the CEO
- Manage and maintain the CEO’s calendar.
- This includes coordinating appointments on their behalf with their direct reports and the committees, responding to emails and managing direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print documents.
- Drafts and reviews minutes of the meeting and reports where applicable.
- Coordinates executive travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others to ensure arrangements in place for the CEO match his requirements.
- Manage the monthly executive dashboard on departmental reports and ensure they are submitted on a timely manner to the CEO.
- Ensure the CEO is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment for the CEO’s office
- Ensures meeting protocol is followed by all stakeholders including the external teams as per request.
- Ensure periodical reporting to key stakeholders on current status is done.
- Ensure all personal and confidential information of visiting guests are properly filled, maintained and filed in a secure place.
Manage and improve the Travel experience
- Manages complex travel for the executive team and corporate guests including air, ground and hotel arrangements. Creates itineraries and ensures communications with all appropriate parties.
- Capitalizes on the travel agents database building relationships to leverage on great travel pricing deals ensuring the best value.
- Reconcile corporate credit cards for travel and miscellaneous expenses incurred by the Executive Team. Assists in planning company-sponsored events, parties, board meetings, etc
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full time work as a Personal Assistant
- Good knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Role model of PA Behavioral skills I.e. maintaining discreteness, flexibility and tech and internet savvy
- Self-motivated. Maintain calmness under pressure and capable of thinking on their feet in a crisis and dependable to get things closed.
- Well organized and can plan the administrative workload taking initiative in resolving issues as quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Proactive. Competently dealing with situations in their boss’s absence and should be confident enough to delegate work
go to method of application »
Our client is a manufacturing company based in Nakuru currently seeking to hire a Factory Maintenance Engineer.
Purpose of job
To manage the installation, modification and ongoing maintenance of a range of equipment used in the factory to ensure production and delivery of quality products.
- To provide proactive (advice and preventative maintenance) and reactive (fault diagnosis and repair as required) support to maintenance for equipment in the factory.
- To manage the relationship with machine suppliers and their engineers to ensure equipment is operating effectively. This includes arranging supplier maintenance and repairs as and when needed.
- To establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- To maintain a log of service, repair records and engineering change notes for all equipment, ensuring that manufacturer’s standards and recommendations are followed and that scheduled maintenance is carried out in a timely fashion.
- To support and maintain the register of assets, technical data and specifications for all equipment used in the factory.
- To provide written reports as required, including corrective actions taken and recommended preventative actions.
- To understand and work to the requirements set in processes and procedures within any Quality Management System.
- Follow work lists, log time accurately against works order operations, and proactively bring any issues to the attention of department manager.
- To check own work for accuracy and quality.
- Work co-operatively within your own team and across teams, ensuring business needs are met and providing support, advice and cover for tasks in order to maintain service levels
- To be responsible for controlling maintenance tools, spares and equipment.
- To adhere to Health and Safety Policies, and to raise any Health and Safety issues in a timely manner.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Specialist knowledge, skills and Experience
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Experience of maintaining, serving and repairing industrial machines in a factory environment.
- Experience of mechanics and electronics, including repair of industrial equipment including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience of dealing effectively with technical engineering enquiries.
- Multi-skilling in mechanical and electrical maintenance / repair issues.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to organize time effectively, create work schedules, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and provide information on a wide range of enquiries and an extensive product and service range.
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Ability to develop positive and strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to take on department colleague’s points of view and work through to an agreed way forward in a positive manner.
go to method of application »
Our client is a technology service provider based in Nairobi currently seeking to hire a Credit Assistant.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database daily
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Proven experience as debt collector at least( 2-3 years)
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- 1st degree is preferred
Method of Application
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to email@example.com with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.