If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The organization seeks to engage the services of a driver who will play a key role in ensuring that all matters appertaining logistics are done effectively and efficiently, and that any required official and approved movement is well captured and executed in a timely fashion.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Maintain all safety and security measures to all vehicles; Check level of motor oil, water, tyre pressure, battery water and brakes to ensure that all are in working order on a daily basis. Ensure that there is a spare tyre, jack and other necessary tools; fire extinguisher and first aid kits
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and regularly serviced as per schedules
- Provide safe and timely transport services to staff and participants as assigned
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle insurance policy is valid and observe proper procedure for insurance claims are followed in the event of an accident
- Ensure that HK vehicles comply with G.o.K and County Government transport regulations.
- Complete the logbook for every day trips or specific trip and complete the fuel log sheet for any fuel purchases
- In consultation with the Administration Manager, coordinate vehicle allocation to staff.
- Provide monthly and quarterly usage report of vehicle including total mileage and fuel consumption
- Ensure that all vehicle trips are authorized in advance by the Administration Manager.
- Ensure that vehicle keys and documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure proper vehicle handover while proceeding on leave or off duty
- Comply with all relevant Heshima Kenya policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security and other relevant policies.
- Responsible for Heshima Kenya staff and beneficiaries security in the vehicle by using the most convenient, safe and reliable routes/roads.
- Timely reporting to the Administration Manager of incidences or accidents that involve Heshima Kenya assigned vehicle in your use
- Assist the administration office in dispatching and collecting of mails from the post office and running any other official errand as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Have attained O levels [KCSE]
- A valid Kenya driving license class BCE
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Firs Aid training will be an added advantage
- Advanced defensive driving training is an added advantage
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Able to maintain confidentiality agreement
- Previous driving & working experience in the NGO sector is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can work independently and with teams
- Good understanding of Nairobi and the environs
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen and present his/her national identification card, NSSF and NHIF registration and KRA PIN certificate upon request
go to method of application »
Heshima Kenya is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee children and youth; especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The Maisha Collective, an income generating initiative of our alternative education program, the Girls’ Empowerment Program; serves as an economic springboard by helping program graduates become skilled artisans who design, produce, and market a line of unique hand dyed scarves and other items. The Maisha Production Coordinator is responsible for design and production of Maisha products & life skills training for the participants.
Design and production responsibilities
- Oversee production of the Maisha Collective products, both new and existing.
- Lead the production team in product and design development to meet demands and at the same time, create a competitive advantage in the global market.
- Keep abreast with emerging production trends in a bid to ensure production of quality products by developing consistent quality control measures.
- Train and mentor the Maisha participants on new products and designs.
- Actively participate in determining and analyzing fashion trends and predict expected future results, and use the same information to advice on the appropriate production line and processes.
- Adhere to Quality standards, ethical/fair trade production practices and established policies and/or procedures.
- Take production-calculated risks based on data-driven analytics and emerging market trends.
- Participate in the maintenance, management and stock take of the Maisha Collective Inventory
- Establish a production evaluation system to minimize waste and optimize productivity;
- Develop and implement a viable production plan to ensure availability of sufficient products for clients and minimize production cost at all times.
- Develop and maintain production plans and timelines and ensure that the same are strictly adhered to.
- Work order reconciliation: Coordinate the collection/receiving of orders, prioritizing production according to urgency of order, and ensuring that the Turnaround time on the same is strictly observed.
- Work closely with the Finance Officer and procurement personnel in effectively maintaining a material replenishment system. i.e establishing appropriate stock levels (minimum, maximum & re-order).
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to during the production process.
- Accurately match production sample with target Fabric.
- Determine the quality and quantity of fabric and dye needed for the production process.
- To coordinate the production planning process and ensure that all material needed is available.
- Ensure daily efficiency tracking & quality control of all items and scarves produced
- Execute the overall production floor work.
- Ensure timely and quality production to meet agreed deadlines with customers
- Evaluate and advise on Maisha Collectives’ ability to produce new designs.
- Record the daily production numbers and compile comprehensive reports on the same for onward submission to the Director of Programs.
- Actively participate in preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports of the Maisha Collective.
- Identify any fault fabric, keep a record of the same and report to the Operation Manager for any necessary action.
- Keep all documents related on production up to date. Details on production should include but not be limited to unutilized materials/items taken back to the store, material /items received from the store, any wastages, number of items produced, and any other critical information that may involve production.
- Provide daily update to the Director of Programs or any other designated officer on production status.
- Accept additional and lawful responsibilities that may fall under one or more of Heshima Kenyas’ Programs as delegated by the Director of Programs or the Country Director
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Degree or diploma in Textile Design or Fashion Design from a reputable institution.
- 2-3 years’ experience in textile production.
- Demonstrated ability to work with artisans and implementing quality control measures
- Experience with raw material sourcing in Kenya
- Sensitivity to working with refugee populations
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills Ability to keep abreast with emerging trends in textile production and market demands
Method of Application
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 19th October 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ hr2016@RefuSHE.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.