If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”.
It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Transport Associate for our schools in Tatu and Athi River Campus to oversee the Nova Pioneer School bus program.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
The Transport Associate shall be responsible for school specific Transport Services operations such as oversight of the Nova Pioneer School bus program, teammate orientation and training.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Transport Associate shall ensure all school related Key Performance Indicators are met with respect to safety, cost management, compliance, record keeping, maintenance, feedback collection and action plan execution for effective service delivery to students, parents and Nova Pioneer teammates.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Collect and maintain transport services data including but not limited to;
- Student pick up and drop off timing (bus travel times). Keep logs pertaining to daily total distance and timings travelled by the fleet.
- Maintain accurate bus route maps
- Maintain and update student lists and a summary of changes that may occur.
- Keep a record of feedback from parents and the school academic team and the corresponding action plans.
- Prepare fuel consumption, re-fuelling records, maintenance and mileage reports for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual submission.
- Communicate this information to all impacted parties.
- Update all data gathering tools on a daily basis and prepare any specific reports as may be required.
- Using data collected, suggest practices that work towards the improvement of efficiencies including reduction of all unit cost of operations.
- Conduct Transport Services teammate onboarding, training and evaluation.
- Live, participate and lead the Nova Pioneer culture both within the serviceline and the organisation as a whole.
- Playbook procedures and other best practices relevant the Transport serviceline. Consistently raise awareness amongst teammates and others concerned about these procedures.
- Promote safe work practices in as prescribed by all procedures, relevant policies and compliance standards.
- Develop clear rosters that ensure drivers and bus assistants are engaged productively including supporting of any requested academic support initiatives and activities.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- At least 2 years of progressive experience responsible for transport operations management or related area.
- Minimum Diploma in Transport/Logistics Management or its equivalent.
- Must possess High school certificate.
- A valid driver’s license is a MUST – (ABCE). PSV licence will be an added advantage.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct (Not more than 6 months).
- Ability to diagnose vehicle mechanical fault and offer solutions.
- Good knowledge of Kenyan traffic rules and regulations.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication Skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be resourceful and able to find solutions to problems first.
- Excellent inventory management skills.
Method of Application
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
- Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on novaacademies.applytojob.com to apply