- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunities at West Pokot County
Posted on: 11 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at West Pokot County
Pursuant to the provision of County Government Act , No. 17 of 2012 section 45, 59 the West Pokot County Public Service Board wishes to consider applications from highly qualified results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointments to the following positions:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Diploma/Certificate in community development, community health, social sciences, social work or any health discipline from a recognized institution
- Have basic computer skills
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2030, Article 10 and 232
- An officer at this level will provide community health extension services
- Mobilizing, sensitizing and advising communities on matters related to community health services
- Referring health cases to relevant health facilities
- Identifying health issues at household level and working with community units to address these
- Supervise community health units and community health workers
- Organizing community health action days to advise communities on common public health issues
- Collecting and maintaining up to date records of community health services
- Planning and implementation of community health activities in the assigned area of jurisdiction
- Any other assigned duty
- Must have at least a Diploma in Community Oral Health from a recognized institution.
- Must have a post-training working experience of at least two years in a busy hospital.
- Registered with the Oral Health Association of Kenya
- The Community Oral Health Officer will be expected to maintain high quality oral health by providing oral health education, screening, preventive and clinical dental services and referrals.
- Diploma/Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution. and
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
- Should be registered with the Association of Medical Records Officers of Kenya.
- Headship of a section in a Health Records and Information Department;
- Control of reception, registration and appointment procedures;
- Supervision of staff in the section;
- Maintenance of bed bureau and waiting list procedures for inpatients;
- Supervision of storage and retrieval of medical records;
- Coordinating the collection of medical statistics from the various sections of the department.
- Supervision of coding and indexing of diseases and international classification of procedures in medicine;
- Maintenance of patients’ master index, diagnostic index, surgical operation index and other medical records indices;
- All the other duties relating medical records management, which may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma/Certificate in any of the following disciplines; Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution.
- Registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution and
- Nurses with renal, theatre, and ICU certificate are encouraged to apply.
This will be entry point into the Nursing Officers cadre work at this level will be limited scope and complexity and will be carried out under the guidance of a more senior officer. Specifically duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Provide health care services,
- Supervision of dispensaries and health centre, or at in outpatient department or in a ward in a hospital assess and appropriately respond to the needs of patients with regard to nursing services,
- Keep records of drugs and other supplies, guide, supervise and counsel staff performing routine clinical duties.
- Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- This is the entry grade into the Laboratory Technologist cadre. Work at this level is of a limited scope and complexity and it is carried out under the guidance of a more senior officer specifically duties and responsibilities involves- provision of clinical or into More logical field laboratory services in a sub-county to county hospital or in a National Public Health laboratories. In addition, the officer will be expected to assist students attached to laboratories, order and maintain records of supplies as well as guiding supervising and counseling of junior staff. Alternatively the officer may be deployed at a blood donor service unit.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB.Ch.B) Degree from a recognized by medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution.
- Registration license from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- An officer at this level will work under guidance of a senior medical officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail: diagnosis, caring and treating diseases, performing medical and surgical procedures.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to West Pokot County career website on westpokot-cpsb.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about West Pokot CountySimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Tana River County Government
- Latest Recruitment at National Council for Population and Development
- Latest Jobs at Ministry of Defence - 143 Positions
- Latest Jobs at Public Service Commission Kenya
- Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation Graduate Internship Programme
- Job Vacancies at Lamu County Government
- Jobs at Tharaka Nithi County
- Multiple Positions at Kisumu County Government