- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor at Penda Health
Posted on: 14 February, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Penda Health
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that has been ranked the best healthcare company to work for in 2018 by Brighter Monday. We are transforming healthcare in Kenya by building a chain of outpatient medical centres that make extremely high-quality healthcare accessible to every family and offer unparalleled patient experiences. We built 6 medical centers in 2018 to take the total to 11.And we’re growing to 100 Medical Centers across East Africa in the next 5 years.
The Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor is an excellent planner and visionary who is driven by ensuring all our Medical Centre's’ repairs and maintenance needs are attended to at a high quality, in the shortest time possible and at a great value. They will manage the Repairs and Maintenance function at Penda ,run and scale it to meet Penda’s future needs. The repairs and maintenance Supervisor will report to the Construction Manager.
You will love this role if you love building systems revolving around repairs and maintenance both for the present and the future.
- Build and improve our R&M operations and set them up towards scaling for Penda’s future.
- Be part of improving our patient and staff experience by ensuring the same high-quality standard across all our medical centers that we are proud of.
- Be a part of an amazing, one of a kind culture in Penda that focuses on bringing out the best in people. Enjoy amazing employee welfare benefits that make it easier to do your job. One of our goals is to be the best employer in Africa!
- Manage the repairs and maintenance function. Improve, develop and implement processes and procedures to deliver consistent and quality service to our medical centres and set them up for scaling. (We want to have 100 medical centres across Africa in the next 5 years)
- Ensure turn-around time agreed for resolution of repairs and maintenance requests across all medical centers is met. Repairs should be attended to as soon as possible and as per the standard operating procedures.
- Build a great network of facilities maintenance partners, subcontractors and fundis as well as credible and reliable material suppliers serving across all our medical centers, ensuring that Penda gets great value. You will value and manage them as well so that they love working with us.
- Make detailed and accurate repairs and maintenance budgets, manage them and procure materials in a smart way. Communicate about budgets and spend well. Use this experience to forecast our future spends
- Create and manage maintenance schedules for all medical centres so that we are able to track them and ensure that all medical centres are held to the same high standard.
- Be the voice of the repairs and maintenance function at Penda. Communicate to all stakeholders (medical centres, management and support office) regarding everything that is happening within R&M. This will involve doing reports regarding all the medical centres so that everyone at Penda is in the know.
- Keep good track of all repairs and maintenance documentation (contracts, receipts, etc.) with the help of our company tools such as online and computer software.
- Improve, develop and maintain repairs and maintenance tools (policies, online trackers, apps etc) to ensure the procedures and processes are followed.
- We’re a start-up – get ready for anything!
Who will be successful in this role?
- You are great at conceptualizing, planning, time management, and budgeting. You get and track your own progress against it each week.
- You are meticulous in finding and resolving repairs and maintenance problems as well as supervising and managing those that implement these solutions.
- You are a master at building and maintaining relationships. Our maintenance partners, material suppliers and fundis/subcontractors across all our locations will do a lot more for you and Penda when you have excellent relationships with them
- You have obtained a technical mindset of solving common everyday repairs and maintenance problems in facilities management through your previous experience and have great ideas on how to improve and mitigate their reoccurrence
- You are open and honest about everything, always! You are great at communicating clearly and often about your progress and about any changes you would like to make
- You are excellent at feedback and healthy conflict. At Penda we love feedback, both positive and negative because we believe it helps us grow.
- Available Full Time and ready to work a lot during intense repairs and maintenance work periods
- Prior experience in the facilities repair and maintenance industry. Prior experience in managing a team will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
- Strong benefits package; includes full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family.
Applications are due by 22nd February 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Penda Health career website on pendahealth.applytojob.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Penda HealthSimilar Jobs
- Systems and Database Administrator at Gertrude's Children's Hospital
- Medical Officer at Langata Hospital
- Job Vacancies at St. Francis Hospital
- Credit Controller at Radiant Group of Hospitals
- Radionsonographer at Nanyuki Cottage Hospital
- Career Opportunities at Nairobi Hospital
- Theatre Technician at Langata Hospital
- ICU Physiotherapist at Nanyuki Cottage Hospital (NCH)