Bayer Pharmaceuticals, a Division of Bayer East Africa Ltd, is one of the leading pharmaceutical organizations worldwide with research and business activities focusing on; General Medicine, Specialty Medicine and Women’s Healthcare.
To maximise our commitment to sustainable medical health development, provide Innovative products and medical solutions and stewardship, we seek to recruit a qualified and results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Ref No: 2019/HR/PH-005
Reporting to the Sales & Key Accounts Manager – Established Products, the Medical Representative will be responsible for Anti-Infectives (AI) portfolio sales in defined territory within Kenya.
He/she will be responsible for AI business development in parts of Nairobi and assigned upcountry region.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sales results in own territory.
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships that allow for continuity and ongoing representation.
- Monitors competitive activity and supports that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated,
- Plans and executes meetings with HCPs in full compliance with respective company guidelines and laws, assesses customer needs, presents suitable promoted products and keeps detailed records of all contacts.
- Makes presentation for HCPs in medical settings during the day, but also in local hotel/conference or other appropriate place after regular working hours of HCPs.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Identifies business opportunities ¡n the assigned territory and feeds to upper management.
- Keeps up to date with the latest clinical data and product information supplied by the company, and interprets, presents and discusses this data with healthcare professionals during presentations/calls.
- Must learn, understand and strictly follow company rules, local Compliance code and local laws.
Experience / Qualification
- A degree or a diploma in Pharmacy, Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Nursing or any biological Sciences qualifications from a recognized educational institution.
- A Pharmaceuticals Representative license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Three years’ experience ¡n Pharmaceuticals sales (experience in anti-infectives will be an added advantage) in a multi national company.
- Proven track record of achievement of sales targets, strong ability of territory planning and management and finding new ways to improve sales execution.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
- Ability to relate well with people at different levels of authority / stakeholders
- Strong communication and IT skills. Very good command of spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Timely, effective and proactive response to problems and issues.
- Experience working in various parts of Kenya will be an added advantage
- A valid driving license.
- Strong Customer Focus, Drives results, Instills Trust, Self-Development, Plans and Aligns.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact not later than 19th April 2019 to:
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.