Wärtsilä is a multinational organization with a strong market presence in the Eastern Africa region. We provide optimal efficiency throughout the entire lifetime of our customers’ installations. Our global service network helps our customers keep their business running, while saving fuel and costs and complying with environmental regulations. Our customers appreciate the best service in the world. So do we. In order to continue to help us to achieve our mission Wartsila is looking for a Mechanical Technician.
Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for different types of long term service contracts as our customers’ partner. Globally the business covers 600 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Services Division.
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has an existing O&M Contract withGulf Power Ltdup to Dec 2024 for the80 MW Athi River II Power Plant located in Athi River, Kenya. WEA is looking for one (1) Mechanical Technician with the following duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications;
- You will be responsible for mechanical maintenance of the Plant.
- You are expected to be able to troubleshoot mechanical defiance on various equipment and machinery.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good clean conditions.
- In your role, you are to comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
- In your role you are to work closely with the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Be able to carry out minor repair, preventive and corrective maintenance to mechanical plant equipment and auxiliaries.
- Responsible for reporting operational disturbance and/or taking corrective action when directed to do so.
- Effectively communicate the condition of plant equipment and performance to the mechanical supervisor & concerned plant personnel.
- Perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety deficiencies.
- Be able to read pressure and temperature indicators such as manometers, thermometers, digital panels and to measure with their specific measuring equipment.
- Maintaining the plant in clean and safe conditions at all times.
- Utilize all tools in such a manner so as to maximize their useful operating life.
- Account for all parts and materials and supplies used in the performance of work.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- Communication skills
- Cooperative skills
- Cost effectiveness
- Self Management
- Teamwork skills
- Quality, safety, environment skills
- Utilize IM applications and IM tools
- BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical training
One and a half (1 1/2) years’ experience in operation and/or maintenance of Power Plant
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd career website on careers.wartsila.com to apply