Olkalou Dairy Ltd is an established farmers owned dairy company with a membership of over 17,000 members spread all over Nyandarua County, its handling over 60,000 liters of milk per day, The company Headquaters are in Olkalou Town which is in Nyandarua County Headquarters. Olkalou dairy has three major branches spread in different locations.
As part of its growth strategy the company seeks to fill the following positions in Nyandarua County.
Position Summary & Primary Objective
Ol Kalou Dairy (2016) limited a leading dairy company operating in Nyandarua County.
The Milk Procurement and Extension Services Manager’s main responsibilities are to provide the required support to drive an effective service delivery to the farmers in order to achieve high on-farm productivity and milk quality supply.
The jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Animal Health, Veterinary Medicine or Agribusiness
- Masters Degree in the same field will be an added advantage
- 8 years experience in agri-business, extension services and or dairy sector with at least 3 years in management
- Must be a member of a professional body
- Business Acumen and training
The key accountabilities and tasks for the position holder are to:
- Ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive and effective dairy farmers training and support services
- Building strong and loyal raw milk supply base from company shareholders and other dairy farmers in the catchment
- Supervising a hands-on team of extension staff
- Overseeing the milk collection services—using company centres and private transporters
- Working closely with the quality department to ensure high quality raw milk collection
- Ensuring adequate and timely access to quality and competitive inputs for the farmers
- Coordinating relationships with stakeholders identified as strategic to the vision of the company for improved service to the dairy farmers working with the company
- Any other duties allocated by the company
The following Core competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviors expected of an employee at Ol Kalou Diary Ltd:
- Maximizing Resources Builds and leverages infrastructure, knowledge and networks
- Empowerment Empowers customers, employees, shareholders and society
- Care and Protection Demonstrates care and protection to customers, employees, shareholders and society
- Communication Skills Communicates – proactively, clearly, timely, consistently, completely and professionally – in written and oral forms to both internal and external customers
- Initiative and Confidence Generates and shares new ideas that add value to OL KALOU DAIRY LTD. and looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties
- Teamwork Contributes fully to team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
- Sector Acumen Has a good understanding of the sector environment and the impact their behaviour has on co-employees, service delivery to customers and OL KALOU DAIRY LTD.’s reputation
- Respect Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty, fairness and value for other people’s time
Decision Making Authority
- Policy recommendations
- Approval of external service officers schedules
Method of Application
If you feel you are qualified to fill the above position forward your C.V. to the Human Resource Olkalou Dairy Ltd, P.O. BOX 603-20303 Olkalou or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th June, 2019.