AVSI Foundation is an international not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in Italy in 1972.
AVSI is involved in more than 107 cooperation projects in 30 developing countries worldwide in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. AVSI’s main activity areas are education and social development, urban upgrading, healthcare, labour, agriculture, food security and water, energy and environment, humanitarian emergency and migrants and refugees, reaching more than 2,6 million direct beneficiaries.
AVSI Foundation Kenya implements projects in early childhood development and education, psychosocial support, health including HIV/AIDS, economic strengthening for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), their families and communities, food security and emergency relief.
We are seeking to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of:
Department: Programs & Projects
Duty Station: Nairobi with frequent visit to Dadaab and Somalia
- Provide project leadership and coordination from the M&E and quality assurance perspective and creating helpful linkages with all the stakeholders in Dadaab and Somalia including the host community for the success of all AVSI projects in Dadaab and Somalia
Coordinating the implementation of the Accountability Framework and the regular updating of the tools of the framework in liaison with the M&E manager and the ATL.
Specific Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Area Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Project Development and Planning
- Working with the Dadaab ATL and the M&E manager in Nairobi to develop the Operational plan and the M&E plan at the onset of each project and continually updating the plans to align them with the implementation realities
- Participate in the development of all the tools for (but not limited to) needs assessments, Teaching practice assessments, monitoring, evaluation, human interest and Learning measurements
- Prepare monthly activity work plans with details of resources required against the detailed project and procurement plan
- Support in identifying potential areas of growth for program development
- Build the capacity of the staff in Dadaab and Somalia where it applies; on project writing, reporting, project documentation and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Project Implementation
- Provide quality control and standard assurance to all the project documents to be used by AVSI Education officers and Service Providers before the implementation of the project
- Ensure the project is implemented according to plan, including training, materials adaptation and monitoring of outcomes
- Provide coordination support to ensure that activity requests and submissions are submitted on time
- Provide technical support and capacity development to field officers to ensure adherence to AVSI- donor guidelines and standards
- Perform project tracking and submit timely narrative reports to the supervisor
- Develop partnerships with different Government in Somalia whenever it applies and in Kenya county focal persons to orient them on the project goals and to solicit their involvement in its implementation
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with communities, partners and the County Government to ensure smooth implementation of project interventions
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data analysis, coding and report writing for any M&E assessment conducted and ensuing timely submission and presentation
- Support and monitor the delivery of high quality programming outputs
- Make continuous informal observation of the project implementation, noting and reporting any problems, successes and suggestions for improvement.
- Capture and document the beneficiaries’’ feedback using the AVSI AFAB tools and information triangulation
- Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare high quality reports as per stipulated guidelines and within the agreed deadlines
- Capture evidence of project’s impact
- Document the project’s best practices for scaling up and application
- University degree in Education, Community Development or Monitoring and Evaluation from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Program Officer and 2 years’ proven experience in M and E
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages (written and oral) is required, knowledge of Somali language will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Strong team ethics and ability to provide leadership
- Flexible in responding to changing work priorities
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc)
- Ability to work and deliver results under minimum supervision
- Flexibility to conduct field visits in Dadaab host community and Somalia whenever needed.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Compassionate, and respectful of all people
- An eye for detail
- A people person with excellent negotiation skills suitable for the Somali community.
AVSI Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical disability or sexual orientation.
Method of Application
Please send your CV / resume (including at least 3 references/recommendations from former/current employers) with documents to: AVSI Kenya P.O Box 759-00618, Ruaraka , Attention Human Resource Office to the email address email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the email Application for M and E Officer to reach us by close of business 18th June 2019 Midnight.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.