The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
Vacancy No. AKHS/HOH/2019
Reporting to the Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for planning, coordinating, administering and supervising the hospitality and support services at Aga Khan Heath Services Kisumu and its Cluster
- Develops and aligns strategies, initiatives, supporting infrastructure, and budgets that enable the department to achieve results that align with established quality imperatives to create and sustain operational excellence.
- Oversees department initiatives and operations, including team members, budget, and vendor management.
- Develop strategies for increasing the facilities’ operational efficiency, coordinate staff development activities and create productive working environments
- Participate in institution’s quality initiatives and review, develop and support the implementation of agreed quality standards and policies in hospitality department
- Monitor continuous improvement of department performance
- Design innovative approaches to ensure client/customer experience
- Degree in Business /Hotel Management or Related Course.
- Diploma in hotel management and relevant management experience may be considered.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will be expected to provide radiological services to both inpatient and outpatients. He/she will be expected to be an active member of the multidisciplinary health care team and contribute to the continuing professional development programs in the Hospital.
- General reporting of images / studies, and discussions with the clinical teams. These studies include general radiography, Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, Doppler and Fluoroscopy.
- Development and review of clinical pathways and protocols.
- Taking part in the quality processes of the department and the institution.
- Teaching and mentorship of junior doctors and interns
- Med in Radiology or equivalent post graduate qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be Registered/Licensed by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- At least three years post graduate working experience in general radiography, Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, Doppler and Fluoroscopy.
- Experience and skills in reporting on 1.5 tesla MRI, Cardiac CT, Dual Energy CT and work station knowledge for cross sectional imaging is preferred.
- Excellent PR and communication skills.
Skills & Competencies
- Good customer orientation
- Team player
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Basic Life Support Certification
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae via email to the email address email@example.com quoting the reference number of the vacancy on the subject line on or before 25th June 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”