At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Ethics and Compliance department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Fraud Investigations the individual is responsible for carrying out Fraud Investigations, data analysis, Systems Forensic acquisitions & analysis and manage customer fraud related escalations.
- Lead/undertake fraud investigations of cases handed over by the Fraud detection team as well as cases generated from other sources e.g. ethics hotline, customer escalations, letters to the CEO, Internal Audits etc.
- Manage and strengthen bonds with Law Enforcement Agencies, Criminal/Civil Justice system, Prosecutions agency and other Industry & non-industry players to enhance co-operation on mutually beneficial information, fraud investigations, asset tracing & recovery etc.
- Manage a robust and risk-based intelligence-gathering network in all areas of business.
- Forensic acquisition, interpretation, storage and presentation of electronic evidence from electronic devices.
- Represent the company before court on fraud related matters.
- Propose, discuss and agree recommendations to improve control weaknesses identified during investigations and regularly follow up for their implementation.
- Proactively conduct Fraud Reviews in critical or high fraud risk areas across the business.
- Analyse and monitor unusual data patterns that may indicate fraud/ unethical conduct. Spot negative trends, and potential risky behaviour.
- Minimum education qualifications required – Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Computing related discipline
- Certification in a fraud related discipline, such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Certification in Digital forensics and/or incident response will be an added advantage.
- Proven hands on fraud investigations experience in a financial environment for a minimum period of 4 years.
- Knowledgeable in identifying indicators of fraud through data-mining and analysis exercises.
- Good knowledge of GSM network business models and processes.
- A conceptual thinker able to work independently.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal – to succinctly present findings and communicate with a variety business partners.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Big Data and Business Analytics Department within the Business Development Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Big Data & Business Analytics, the position holder will lead the data science team to create value from Safaricom’s vast amount and variety of data using advance analytical and statistical methods and models to answer complex business questions. This will serve to aid in decision making, unlock new revenue opportunities and areas to create efficiency through deep insights.
The role requires deployment of Artificial Intelligence driven by Safaricom’s data to create Machine learning models and solutions to deliver specific business relevant use cases. Safaricom is investing heavily in big data and this will be a truly exciting role in view of the organizations unique data set and position in this region.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools
- Lead and manage data science team
- BSC. or MS. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- 2 – 4 years data science working experience and with a leadership role.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Good understanding of big data technologies like Hadoop
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and quick grasps to understand business problems
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.