Kenya Airways aims to become the reference for travel to/from and via Africa by putting the customer at the heart of what we do and developing competitive differentiation in the digital age. We envision to position ourselves as the local hero in Africa and the modern and human airline combining our cultural heritage with a state of the art, agile and creative approach, thus creating a unique end to end experience for our customers.
Role Purpose Statement
Ensure and maintain a healthy, Safe, Secure and Cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and customer airlines operations, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, and regulatory authorities.
Deliver a focused, high quality customer service by animating, leading and supervising the customer service’s agent team. Ensure that the passenger handling product is compliant to regulatory requirements, company policies and customer airlines procedures.
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in passenger services in compliance with relevant legislative and industry standards.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accident.
- Oversee the provision of efficient, high quality customer service delivery in day to day operations for Kenya Airways and Customer Airlines at all customer touch points according to the agreed Service Level Agreements and Company Policies in order to delight the customer and improve the overall customer experience at JKIA.
- Consult, communicate and disseminate information as appropriate to passengers, staff and third party service providers in order to eliminate lapses in service delivery resulting from lack of information.
- To maintain a good relationship with other airlines and airport stake holders to facilitate the smooth operations of KQ.
- Ensure smooth and effective transfer of customers at JKIA.
- Implement departure and arrival processes in strict compliance and accordance to the laid down safety and security procedures and in a timely manner in order to guarantee consistency in punctuality (OTP, baggage delivery, Meeting and escorting passengers to/from flights, passenger screening/profiling).
- Adhere to laid down procedures that will enhance accurate flight reconciliation and post departure transmission of messages.
- Maximise revenue through collection of excess baggage charges, change of reservation charges, while maintaining high quality customer service at all touch points.
- Promote costs control awareness amongst the team.
- Conduct quality spot checks to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures, service standards and recommended practices
- Lead, motivate and develop staff while ensuring discipline and grooming standards among Passenger Services Staff are adhered to as per the Corporate Uniform Guide.
- Handle staff administrative issues including appraisals, disciplinary actions, leave plan etc.
- Brief staff and plan the efficient allocation of tasks and resources in liaison with Hub Implementers.
- To ascertain that all systems, equipment and stationery are in working condition and readily available respectively for efficient delivery of passenger handling services in all customer touch points.
- To ascertain efficient procedures and best practices in document verification are implemented in order to minimise risks to the airline without compromising on customer service
- Plan, make decisions and carry through effective remedial actions in service recovery during IRROPS, oversales and connectivity planning.
- Ensure the delivery of third party service providers meets the agreed Service level agreement.
- Champion KQ WAY principals and best practices.
Customer Service Supervisor assigned function of Karibu, Interline/Secondary Tracing services and Travel document shall ensure:
Maximize revenue collection through ticket sales, change of reservation charges and service charges (e.g. UMNR fees) while maintaining high quality customer service at all touch points.
Monitor special services requests are honoured, appropriate service is offered. All departure SSR messages are transmitted correctly and on time.
INTERLINE/ SECONDARY TRACING
- Ensure constant follow up of passenger bags (missing, unclaimed, tag-less, damaged, pilfered, LZ) and files promptly/ timely updated in World Tracer.
- Ensure baggage delivery is done on time. Closed files must have correct and updated elements in order to pursue refunds where necessary (i.e. FS, RL, CS)
- Monitor hotels availability and ensure hotel allocation guidelines for disruptions, STPC or service recovery are adhered to for cost control.
- Generate report
- Hotel vouchers are raised with the appropriate cost centre and nominal.
- Ensure communication is initiated for all missing bags through the call centre and respond promptly to email queries on dedicated delayed baggage email address.Liaise with Insurance department on claims from customers regarding damaged, lost, delayed and pilfered baggage.
- Provide high quality customer service while profiling passengers.
- Ensure all passengers boarded on flights are adequately documented.
- Provide information and assistance to passengers who have been denied boarding due to inadequate documents.
- Provide support on Travel Document expertise support to the rest of the team and across the network.
- During operations liaise with the Foreign Embassy Officials in order to identify improper documents and provide information to passengers who have been denied boarding because they are inadequately documented.
- To maintain a good relationship with customer airlines and airport stake holders to facilitate the smooth operations.
- Alerts customer airlines of new or improved services and gather feedback from them.
- Notes any cases of customer airline dissatisfaction and addresses or reports to the appropriate parties for action, and follows up to ensure resolutions and provides feedback to the customer airline.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through 3rd party tracking audits.
- Monitors and continually improves customer satisfaction with the assigned area.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to obtain quality service and effectively resolves customer airline queries.
- Timely preparation of reports for management planning and control purposes.
- Liaise and plan for training for the various DCS systems for customer airlines and coordinate with learning & development for implementation.
- Organize and attend meetings with customer airlines to review performance of their SLA’s and contribute towards closing the gaps.
- Develop strong relationships with customer airlines to ensure sensitivity to their needs, concerns and emerging requirements. Maintain knowledge of and reports on new developments in the market with regards to the accounts and prospects. Maintain regular contact with customer airlines to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- Customer focused and hospitable.
- Cool, pleasant and approachable personality
- High integrity and influencing skills
- Well groomed
- Team player
- Ability to lead, guide, motivate a team and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-culture sensitivity
- Confident, decisive and proactive
- Ability to work well for long hours under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Self driven
- Well informed and vast knowledge of current affairs
- Diploma in Customer Service or equivalent hospitality related discipline
- Minimum ‘‘O’ level grade or C plain or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer service/guest facing function
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of KQ product
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Revenue and cost sensitive
- Knowledge of Customer Airlines SGHA and SLA implementation an added advantage
- Foreign language, an added advantage
Role Purpose Statement
Maximize passenger revenues by pro-actively analyzing market trends and passenger demand in order to manage demand forecast and develop inventory strategies on designated routes/O&Ds to meet company passenger revenue targets.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Expected To
- Monitor validate and influence PROS segment forecast.
- Recognize and pro-actively adjust forecast to changing passenger flows due to market events, economies, schedules, competition etc.
- Set up and maintain communication links with the various Sales and other relevant departments to ensure coordination and flow of feedback of market conditions.
- Monitor booking behavior to ensure segment demand develops as expected and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist Pricing Team in strategic pricing policies of each region.
- Assist the Commercial Analyst team in forecasting demand, market trends and seasonality for planning and annual financial budgets.
- Carry out tests on the show-up forecasts and optimizers’ solutions and continuously try to uncover improvements.
- Adjust and monitor overbooking levels and inputs.
- Provide and implement route inventory strategy to ensure continuous success and revenue growth for the new destinations.
- Continuously match capacity to changing demand trends to minimize operating costs, the costs of flying empty seats, Customer reservation Systems costs and denied boarding related costs by initiating aircraft upgrades and downgrades.
- A professional degree with strong emphasis on a business-related field e.g., Statistics, Economics Mathematics or Commerce
- Knowledge of fares, ticketing and reservation systems an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years airline experience commercial area
Other Desirable Skills
- Excellent skills in analysis for high quality commercial solutions.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Flexible attitude towards frequently changing priorities and demands.
- Commercial orientation.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Presentable and smart.
- Team player.
- “Go Getter” and self-motivator.
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African Airline flying
Kenya Airways is currently seeking additional talent to serve in the position of Senior Pricing Manager.
Reporting to the Revenue Manager - Pricing, the ideal candidate will be tasked with the responsibility of maximizing passenger revenues by setting all structure and promo fares & fare rules and monitoring and coordinating strategies with sales to remain competitive while also giving leadership to the Pricing Managers.
Key duties and responsibilities include;
- Developing and implementing the program for Kenya Airways competitive strategy and determining the type and level of co-operation in line with the competitive strategy.
- Developing in liaison with the Revenue Manager – Pricing, the network pricing strategy for the published environment in line with the corporate strategy.
- Monitoring pricing structure and fare levels to remain competitive and in line with the market conditions.
- Coaching and developing pricing managers to ensure that the pricing strategy is implemented and maintained as set.
- Mentoring and developing pricing managers to increase capabilities in pricing.
- Developing and maintaining the watch and match tools and ensure they are appropriately used to assure competitiveness in the market.
- Participating in setting of revenue targets for the routes as part of annual budgeting process
- Developing and maintaining a central database for all private and special segments fare approvals.
- Reviewing analyses and make recommendations on the company’s product pricing compared to published and competitors’ prices in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field e.g., Statistics, Economics Mathematics or Commerce
- Six years’ experience working in a commercial area with 3 years’ experience in a pricing role.
- Strong proficiency in the use of IT systems.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced experience in business analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrable success in working in a similar technical or commercial role.
- Previous people management and Partnership experience will be key.
- Excellent skills in analysis for high quality commercial solutions.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya Airways products.
Responsible for analysis and development of integrations and ETL/ELT processes, dashboard visualization and reports to support business requirements.
Must be able to work with 3rd Party system vendors, functional business analysts, business process owners and other technical team members in supporting applications integration design, development and maintenance. Should be capable of executing requirements and design specification into development deliverables.
- Design and develop end to end data warehouse integrations and ETLs processes for upstream and downstream source systems.
- Continuously monitor all integrations and scheduled processes to measure and improve on data quality.
- Work closely with database analysts and architects in data modeling and data structure specifications
- Thoroughly test all integrations and ETL/ELTs, data maps to guarantee data quality.
- Review and interpret data into actionable reports for various business units using tools such as Tableau
- Provide Technical Support to various Data driven business users
- Continuously analyze and identify opportunities to improve on existing ecosystems
- Participate in business requirement gathering and validation to understand data and reporting requirements.
- Work closely with business analysts, project managers, database analysts and architects to design and translate requirements into technical specification documents.
- Provide required documentation such as functional specifications, integration documentation, data mapping.
- Ensure that all developments are well documented and adhere to the KQ release management process.
- Analyse and agree with supervisor or technical lead on work effort estimations for projects
- Work with project managers to ensure on-time implementation of assigned tasks
- Adhere to architecture and design principles and coding standards.
- Design and develop integration solutions for the business application systems.
- Work very closely with users and business analysts to understand requirements and then develop the required solutions.
- Automation of complex and manual data exchange processes.
- Documentation of the design, test plans, manuals as well as any other artifacts that help describe the function, architecture, and design of the solution.
- Participating in team activities such as peer code reviews to improve the overall quality of team deliverables.
- Identify solution initiatives, which can be created for better efficiency and process controls within any business systems environment.
- Support the execution of System Integration Tests (SITs) and the User Acceptance Test (UATs).
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents, identify and implement optimal solutions, formalize test plans and implement troubleshooting procedures
Key performance indicators
- Effectively gather and validate requirements.
- Maintain proper documentation such as solution design documentations, integration documents.
- Accurately size the effort required to execute a project.
- Effectively manage the customer expectations by constantly communicating to business users.
- Deliver development projects within the agreed schedule and plan.
- Quality assurance by reducing the number of bugs uncovered during tests.
- Ensure that all development projects are aligned to the overall project objective and that the result meets all requirements.
- Adherence to architecture and design principles and coding standards
- Self-motivated, enjoys problem solving, solution development, system integration challenges
- Adhere to the IT System development methodology (SCRUM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related degree
- Training and certification in SOA middleware and data integration tools
- Certifications in system development tools and languages. (Added advantage)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in SOA integrations, ETL/ELT processes, Business Intelligence development and visualization.
- Minimum 3 years programming experience in: Java, C++, C#, XML, PL/SQL, PERL, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL Server, SOAP/REST,
- Experience in a SOA middleware and Data Integrator
- Experience in working with Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in Oracle and Microsoft database architecture
- Has an understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process
- Knowledge in report and dashboard development
- Experience in querying data from a variety of data sources and relational databases using Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Webservices.
- Experience and proficiency in analytical tools such as Tableau, Oracle MS SQL.
- Experience in data Warehouse environments and Dimensional data modeling experience.
- Experience in data management practices with excellent skills in data integrations.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently/ proactively are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; effective liaison skills and the ability to work with a wide-range of professionals in various disciplines.
- Commitment to and has a high affinity for delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Motivated and energetic individual, who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.