- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer at Safaricom Sacco Ltd.
Posted on: 5 August, 2019
Deadline: 9 August, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Safaricom Sacco Ltd.
Safaricom Sacco Ltd. is a dynamic Savings and Credit Co-operative Society committed to excellence and quality service, providing members with an opportunity to improve and develop their social and economic status. As part of our growth strategy, we are recruiting top talent to join the innovative and transformative team in delivering success to our stakeholders. The position holder will report to the Board of Directors.
Ref Number: SSL/CEO/02/08/19
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Planning & Execution:
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development annual plans and overseeing their implementation.
- Work closely with the all stakeholders to establish and review strategic priorities for the Sacco.
- Spearheading the achievement of the Sacco’s annual target as per the approved Society plan and consistently meeting the key performance Indicators within set budget.
- SACCO Governance:
- Be the custodian of the Sacco by-laws, and standing rules according to Board of Directors action. Prepare and present various progressive reports for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Proactively provide information, history, continuity, support and guidance to all governance bodies and members, in conjunction with the staff team.
- Ensure timely implementation of Board of Directors recommendations.
- Ensure consistent compliance with the with statutory and regulatory requirements, Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure effective internal controls and processes while maintaining a strong Risk and Compliance system.
- Oversee the automation of the Sacco processes with a robust IT system.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate the outreach and marketing services to ensure optimum uptake for Sacco products and services.
- Ensure provision of education and training programs to the Sacco leadership, and Sacco members. Build a rapport between the Board of
- Directors, members and the Sacco staff.
- Financial Management:
- Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short term debt, including refinancing.
Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements; ensure proper management of the SACCO accounts and preparation of periodic financial reports and annual audit.
Ensuring that the annual audit is coordinated and completed in time for the Annual General.
Implement Credit administration control’s systems and processes in order to minimize loss to the Sacco through revenue leakage.
- Oversee development of the annual plan for staffing.
Oversee workplace operations, including holding staff meetings and retreats, and working with staff to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Oversee the reward and recognition programs and maintain a motivated workforce.
Ensuring procurement within the Sacco is handled accordingly within set guidelines and legislation.
- MBA Finance/ Strategic Management or an equivalent post graduate qualification.
- Accounting certification CPA(K)/ACCA
- 10 years relevant experience, 5 years must be senior management positions.
- Prior working experience in Cooperative movements will be an added advantage.
- Membership to relevant professional bodies with good standing e.g. ICPAK, IHRM, IMSK
- Working knowledge on banking and accounting systems.
- Good analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Strategic thinking and results oriented.
- Track record of good management and development skills.
- Knowledge of computerized banking systems
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements to send their detailed CV including 3 referees and a cover letter to saccohr@Safaricom.co.ke by 9th August 2019.
Due to the numerous number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested Candidates must fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the directorate of criminal investigations
- Clearance certificate from The Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance from Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Safaricom Sacco is an equal employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Safaricom Sacco Ltd.Similar Jobs
- Driver at Rafode Limited (Rural Agency for Development)
- Job Opportunities at Maven Securities
- Head Of Finance at BSK Global Technologies
- Value Centre General Manager, Distribution and Digital Banking at Standard Chartered Bank
- Job Opportunities at I&M Bank
- Financial Services Interns at Musoni Kenya Ltd
- Senior Economist at World Bank
- Investment Manager at Triple Jump