- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Job Openings at Kenya Airways
Posted on: 7 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Prepare and submit returns, process payments and update financial accounting records in compliance with management and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare daily sales returns and ensure they are balanced and follow up any delayed sales reports or discrepancies with sales office
- Update financial records, bank accounts, debtors ledgers, creditors ledgers for accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile daily cash sales to sales reports and follow up any discrepancies with sales offices to ensure all cash is accounted for.
- Raise cash receipts and bank daily sales to prevent loss and in compliance with Treasury policy.
- Verify supplier invoices(including petty cash claims) against supporting documents to ensure they are accurate and authentic
- Reconcile supplier statements balances to creditor’s ledger balances and follow up any differences with suppliers to avoid overpayments and delays in payments.
- In liaison with the sales offices, receive and process ticket refund requests and prepare payments vouchers to refund customers amounts due to them for unutilised tickets.
- Dispatch invoices to credit customers promptly for early collections while ensuring accuracy to avoid disputes
- Reconcile customer balances to outstanding invoices, send out periodic statements to customers and follow up payments from credit customers to ensure debts are promptly paid.
- Resolve credit and refund customer disputes to ensure prompt collection of debts and customer satisfaction
- Bcom Accounting or related business degree from a recognised University
- CPA (K) or its equivalent
- 2 years relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Good review techniques
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT
Overall accountable ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure ramp services operations at JKIA for Kenya Airways and customer airlines operations, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities. Plan and optimize the required resource and provide an efficient & cost-effective service delivery to Kenya Airways ramp operations at the Hub and for customer airlines in compliance with their service level agreements. Network control and management of Kenya Airways and customer Airline ULD in the Hub.
- Deliver seamless ramp operations that ensure the safe and efficient delivery of ramp services to agreed scope and standards of service requirements in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Deliver and ensure the synchronization of ramp services functions that include but not limited to ramp handling, baggage services, load control, ULD control, GSE maintenance and resource management for effective service deliveryTo ensure the provision of cost-effective network wide ULD management and control in accordance to existing legislation, company regulations and customer airline requirement; ULD control systems is maximized to ensure their continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of stock levels.
- Ensure that a risk management process is applied throughout the Kenya airways ramp operations at the JKIA Nairobi Hub.Periodically assess any process change or initiative that could have impact on safety or security.
- As accountable manager for ramp services, ensure the continuous implementation of the station management system and maintain at all times safety and security in JKIA Nairobi ramp services.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the KQ product portfolio particularly ramp services.
- To plan, implement and consistently deliver service to agreed scope and standards of service.To ensure optimization of ramp services resources for effective service delivery.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- To ensure suitable trained/qualified/competent staff are placed throughout ramp services division while developing progressive succession plan, successor grooming and mentoring for all roles in the ramp service team to ensure continuity in the team.
- Routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities within ramp operations.
- To liaise with relevant authorities and ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards, local procedures and customer airline requirements.
- Establish and maintain customer airline interface document and monitor compliance as per agreed standards and appoint liaison officer.
- Ensure participation in the deliberation of the airline operators committee AOC in accordance with requirements of the customer airlines.
- Lead adherence of KQ WAY principals and best practices in Ramp Services.
- Ensure that all non-compliance reported from an audit/evaluation process within ramp services are closed within the time frame provided, action which should include identifying the root causes and the areas of failure.
- As overall accountable manager for ramp services division, contribute in, support the development and manage the implementation and maintenance of local emergency accident procedures plan.
- Team player.
- Results Oriented.
- Service focused.
- Innovative / proactive
- Strong planning and analytic skills/ objective.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- University graduate or relevant professional qualifications with 7 years or more airline management experience
- Customer Service experience/hospitality in airline industry.
- Financial awareness.
- Process Oriented.
- Experienced planning and managing extensive human and material resources.
- Experience delivering service in demanding consumer perishable environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya AirwaysSimilar Jobs
- Student Intern.Expenditure at Kenya Airways
- Latest Jobs at Kenya Airways
- Pricing Coordinator at Qatar Airways
- Corporate Account Manager at Qatar Airways
- Shift Leader.Passenger Ramp Services at Kenya Airways
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Airways
- Reservations & Ticketing Agent at Qatar Airways
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Airways