Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars’ first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of creating a “mutuality of benefits for all stakeholders” – this objective serves as the foundation of Mars, Incorporated today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 70,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
To carry out installations and repairs on electrical apparatus, systems and electronic features of industrial equipment and machines adhering strictly to electrical manuals, code, power tools, diagrams and other stipulations by utilizing hand tools, power tools, test and electrical equipment.
- Do PLC diagnostics including online monitoring of input and output signals.
- Setting up power supply; conduit and wiring for any installed equipment and machines, including programmable controllers, while adhering to blueprints, electrical ethics, utilizing voltage tester and hand tools
- Design and install simple control circuits
- Perform replacement on diagnosed faulty electrical elements of machine including motors, relays, and switches; and set-up sensing mechanism, utilizing hand tools
- Carry out diagnosis and ensure replacement of pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic components of equipment and machines which are faulty
- Render assistance and manage contractors’ roles for electrical duties
- Train and elevate the technical operators’ skills.
- Ensure machine, Environment and associate’s safety at the area of work.
- Manage personal health and safety and care of the Environment in execution of duties.
- Timely and efficient attendance to all machine breakdowns to ensure availability.
- Participate in Preventive maintenance as per plan in order to guarantee the smooth functioning of the production facility.
- Partcipate in Condition Based Maintenance(CBM) as per plan
- Participate in corrective maintenance as per plan
- Execution of repairs as per plan in order to increase machine reliability and availibility
- Identification of maintenance needs per asset in order to facilitate planning and execution of maintenance tasks
Education & Professional Qualification
- Minimum: Diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5yrs hands on experience in electrical maintenance systems and industrial set up with outstanding troubleshooting and technical aptitude
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Mars career website on www.linkedin.com to apply