- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Service Desk Analyst/Field Engineer at G4S
Posted on: 21 August, 2019
Deadline: 3 September, 2019
View Jobs in Security
View All Jobs at G4S
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
The role is focused upon the provision of support services to the business and its customers, specifically in the areas of IT support and incident management. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with technical and / or Technical Service Desk experience. The successful candidate will join a team covering IT service support for the G4S businesses in Kenya and form part of a wider global team covering IT incidents globally for G4S.
- Take responsibility for the management of IT incidents and requests, perform daily checks, balances and incident management of service and solutions availability.
- Support and action service requests and incident management of IT System dependencies by accurately capturing and logging details from telephone, email and direct customer interaction.]]]Act as central point of contact within Kenya for the Regional Service Manager and Regional Head of IT.
- Act as an IT escalation point for the Kenyan businesses.
- Manage the IT inventory.
- Assist in Telecom Expense Management
- Champion the adoption and implementation of new processes and tools to progress the globalization of IT across G4S.
- Support the problem management process and assist with managing root cause analysis of common, recurring and high severity incidents.
- To offer first/second line support to G4S businesses and associated systems, inclusive of handheld mobile devices, remote access and desktop/laptop users
- Support the companies desktop and laptop hardware environment.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are either resolved or assigned to the appropriate resolver groups.
- Assist with ad hoc project work and duties as and when request Act as the local hands on site to assist network and platform teams when required.
- Occasionally travel to alternative G4S sites to act as hands on support if required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication’s or IT related field A sound IT technical knowledge built by experience of technical IT support role(s)
- Strong Customer Service skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies (Windows 7, Cloud, Linux, Android etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- Competent in the English language
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
Interested and qualified? Go to G4S career website on careers.g4s.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about G4SSimilar Jobs
- Investigations Officer at BM Security