Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
We are seeking a suitable individual to lead our Diagnostics East African organization by developing and implementing short and long term Strategies in alignment with Management Center South Africa to ensure that Roche Diagnostics retains and advances is leadership position in East Africa, ensuring that Roche values of Courage, Passion and Integrity are instilled across all team.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Playing a leading role as a member of the sub-Saharan Management team, to define and implement the overall sub-Sahara Vision and Strategy.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for East Africa in line with that of Management Center South Africa.
- Defining and attaining needed resources and competencies to ensure Roche Diagnostics is able to achieve its short and long term Strategic and Financial objectives.
- Driving and fostering a culture of cross collaboration with other sub-Saharan Markets and the Management Center South Africa.
- Playing a leading role in local and corporate compliance and promote ethical behavior, in compliance with laws, regulations, industry codes, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Roche Values are instilled across the Organization
- Ensuring the effective Management of Distributors in line with Roche values and objective.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and Key Opinion Leaders to position Roche as a leader in the IVD market.
- Building and fostering relationships across Roche Divisions in East Africa, leveraging the One Roche approach.
- Consistently striving towards the Roche Leadership commitments.
- Managing the team through effective recruitment, induction, skills development, performance coaching and evaluation in line with HR policies and procedures and Roche Leadership Commitments.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: University Degree or Professional Medical Degree, (MBA or post graduate studies are a plus).
- Required Experience: A minimum of 3 years Senior Leadership experience in Marketing , Sales or Finance.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Roche Kenya career website on roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply