Corporate Staffing Services - We are a leading recruitment firm in Kenya and have recruited for local and foreign businesses looking to hire mid level, top management and executive staff.
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of edible oils, detergent, and soaps based in Nairobi. They are seeking to hire a self-driven, passionate and results-focused Head of mechanical engineering to be part of our technical team.
This role reports to Chief Engineer and involves managing the mechanical engineering tasks, maintenance planning and execution of works in accordance with engineering needs work plan and budgeting plans.
Location: Athi River
- Coordinate section activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the mechanical department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to mechanical engineering supervisor and technicians.
- Has a supervisory role over all manpower under his department.
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of mechanical engineering and maintenance functional policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 2015 and HACCP requirements:
- Ensure all activities relating to mechanical engineering are fully captured and transacted on the SAP platform.
- Follow up status of spare parts stock and find new source of spares
- Plan for Preventive maintenance of all machineries to confirm the highest performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 to 15 Years in a similar position in an industrial set up with at least 3 years in edible oils processing
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership & Team working skills
go to method of application »
We are a leading HR Consultancy firm and are looking for an experienced writer who will produce informative, engaging and high-quality content for our website and social media platforms.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the rest of the internal content team to develop a cohesive content strategy.
- Create and publish content including website content, corporate newsletter and other marketing material communicating the company’s services and activities targeting both employers and professionals.
- Ensure all written communication is consistent with the company’s branding guidelines and key messages.
- Handle the company’s social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter ensuring they are well updated with informative and interesting content to engage our audience
- Write quality articles; interesting, educative and informative articles on various professional trainings and personal development that meet our editorial standards.
- Come up with creative ideas on content to be shared on our various platforms.
- Liaising with stakeholders and external parties.
- Degree in Communications/ Marketing or a related field of study from a reputable institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in communication with active writing engagements preferably in a service-oriented setup
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to persuasively engage different audiences through written content
- Demonstrable understanding of the strategic role of communications to impact on positive business results.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrable ability to handle strict deadlines and pressure
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Mature and a self-starter with a strong sense of initiative to plan their own work and execute with minimal or no supervision.
N.B Interested candidates should apply with sample articles.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the subject (IT Support – Construction) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th September 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.