Vivo Energy is the company that distributes and markets Shell and Engen branded fuels and lubricants to retail and commercial customers in Africa.
We operate in 23 countries across North, West, East and Southern Africa where we have a network of over 2,000 service stations. We also export lubricants to a number of other African countries.
To drive the growth of the food business across Africa and lead the maximization of shareholder value through projects, formats, partnerships, including the development, formation and management of food JVs where needed in line with the Retail & CR business strategy.
- Develop and maintain market and competitor intelligence and ensure continuous innovation to stay ahead of the competition.
- Manage pipeline of food partners, conclude alliances, develop JVs, and establish business development masterplans agreements.
- Support OUs and JVs growth plan and financial performance for food.
- Drive maximization of value creation through cost leadership, operational efficiency, financial controls, marketing and supply chain management to ensure effectively delivery.
- Identify consumer opportunities through trends, customer feedback and competitive insights.
- Inspire, lead and direct a team of professionals to manage strategies and achieve sales and gross margin growth.
- Serve as the point for tracking metrics and utilizing business intelligence information on buying trends and demographics.
- Act as food and beverage subject matter expert. Create awareness and develop a food competency across all levels of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Standards
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- More than 15 - 20 years of successful experience including experience at senior leadership level Highly qualified talent combining strong leadership and result driven attitude, high food sector expertise and strong negotiation skills,
- In depth knowledge of the Food Industry and understanding of the African market
- Demonstrable track record of performance in delivering, implementing and executing within the Food industry
- Experience of strategy development & implementation
- New market / business development experience
- Significant analytical, financial and benchmarking skills
- Proven track record of creating and managing effective alliances
- Proven ability to manage and develop people and demonstrate clear leadership in project management and with credibility.
- Ability to build rapport easily with individuals from diverse cultures. Achieving traction and delivering through others
- Supply chain management experience.
- Ability to establish/develop vendor relationships.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should apply by sending; CV, motivation letter and scanned supporting documents, all in one document to email to CentralRecruitment@vivoenergy.com
Only emails received on the stated email and website within the allocated timeframe will be considered.