Goodlife Pharmacy Africa is a fast-growing Pharmacy and health hub and only one of its kind in East Africa with 39 branches in the region. The company provides trusted pharmaceuticals to customers across the population from convenient locations – with a total reach of over 1.2 million people. Goodlife also offers a range health services including Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose, Body Mass Index, Malaria and Family Nutrition, Doctor Consultations, Laboratory Services in select locations.
Brief Job Description:
Goodlife Pharmacies is seeking a Chief Customer Officer (CCO) who will be responsible for:
- branding, PR, and communications;
- consumer insights and loyalty programs;
- promotions management; and
- customer experience.
The CCO will also be responsible for leading a functional team of managers, operational budget, and agency contracts.
The CCO will play a pivotal role in:
- acquiring new customers;
- retaining loyal customers;
- ideating and designing new programs/systems to improve the customer experience;
- creating and sustaining strong competitive advantage by building a lifelong relationship with our customers;
- maximizing the life time value of customers and nurturing a customer-centric company culture;
- providing an omni-channel customer experience.
The CCO is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) alongside functions that include Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, HR, Finance, and Retail. The CCO reports directly to the CEO and ‘owns’ the customer across all channels and geographies and provides deep customer perspective in executive decisions for the SLT.
- Brand, Public Relations, & Communications:
- Oversee the strategy development, execution, and measurement of Goodlife’s brand strategy & identity, marketing & advertising (ATL/BTL campaigns, and across channels such as television, radio, print, and outdoor), digital marketing/social media/influencer activities, key events and outreach programs, and internal/external stakeholder relationships (e.g., customers, employees, the public, physicians/medical community, government, and media).
- Oversee the development and implementation of proactive (and at times reactive) programs that increase the awareness, effectively enhance, and build a favorable image of Goodlife – all to improve brand rank and profile.
- Develop a public/external relations and stakeholder engagement plan, including key initiatives and innovative PR campaigns to increase brand awareness and positively influence public perception. In conjunction with this, build and maintain essential stakeholder relationships, constructing key messages, and monitoring campaign metrics.
- Provide strategic communications and external relations support as the organization’s public spokesperson.
- Support and oversee all collateral/content design and creation for both internal and external audiences.
- Customer Insights & Loyalty Programs:
- Maintain accountability for the overall strategic understanding of our customer, communities, and markets in which we operate to enable better local connections and optimal product/service offerings. Improve the understanding of our customer’s needs and desires via ongoing customer research programs, primary research surveys, and focus groups. Manage all aspects of consumer insights projects from developing questionnaires, creating sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides, and reports.
- Continuously aggregate and monitor customer analytics and experience data (e.g., CX/NPS measurement, complaints/issue tracking) and use insights to suggest improvements to increase sales performance. Work with other SLT team members to translate key questions into Company-wide research plans, data, insights, and interventions, so that the customers are at the center of decision making.
- Increase the uptake and membership in our newly launched loyalty program – implement design and/or structural changes to enable it to become a key revenue/loyalty driver while maximizing ROI.
- Promotions Management:
- Oversee the planning and execution of promotional campaigns for Goodlife’s products and services with the aim of increasing sales – complete regular and seasonal promotional plans, discount sales, and brand partnerships.
- Work with the relevant department heads via cross-functional teams (e.g., in conjunction with Retail & PSM) to develop promotional plans & budgets, complete supplier contracting, align on marketing support & communications, complete collateral development, and ensure smooth execution at the store-level.
- Customer Experience:
- In partnership with the SLT, drive accountability and improvements in customer experience through cross-company collaboration. Actively participate in creating and implementing store-level improvements in conjunction with the Retail team and RDMs, utilizing customer insights to improve customer satisfaction and ensure a seamless shopping experience. This includes store look & feel, visual merchandising, and displays/signage.
- Review current planogramming with Retail and PSM team, outline suggested improvements, and make updates to: (i) arrangement of both ongoing and seasonal displays; (ii) placement of front-store products and promotional items to maximize ROI while creating a visually and aesthetically pleasing shopping experience; and (iii) strategy and plan for supplier led planogramming (e.g., optimizing return on shelf space)
- Help lead the business into omni-channel shopping environment and define future e-commerce strategy with SLT
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Goodlife Pharmacy Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply