Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our closely knit team, to provide general administrative support to KISSMEE project and the Midwives Ultrasonography project by ensuring effective communication, information processing and logistics coordination.
The main objectives of the job include but not limited to:
- Developing databases for the projects deliverables
- Keeping records of the ongoing project activities
- Assisting the project team in planning and implementing project activities
- Coordinating logistics for execution of project activities
- Communicating with stakeholders within directives issued by the project manager
- Organizing meetings with project stakeholders
- Participating in monitoring project’s progress
SCOPE OF JOB:RESOURCES PROVIDED
- Project Databases
- Project Files
- Beneficiaries’ records
- Implementers contracts
- Project reports
- Conference papers
- Donor agreements
- Project work plans
- Computer, Printer, Scanner
- Financial reports
- Administration support and information flow
- Receives and reviews correspondence to the office.
- Provide the relevant case history.
- Prepare routine responses for the manager or directs it within the unit for action as relevant.
- Receiving and dispatching correspondence.
- Completing forms in accordance with organizational procedures.
- Conducting searches to find needed information using such sources as the Internet.
- Full Office Management : Maintaining the office inventory and stationary supplies and utility services maintenance.
- Full Reception : Receives all visitors and acts as the first point of reference for all queries to the project.
- Answering telephones and giving information to callers, taking messages or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Full Logistic Support : Preparing and distributing materials required for the KISSMEE project, Tunza Mama and Midwives ultrasonography project.
- Prepare and plan for meetings to include organising files, sending out meeting invites.
- Distributing training and advocacy materials.
- Initiating and following up payments for service providers.
- Following up communication with partners.
- Organising: Coordinating the execution of events under the office including meetings, workshops and other work-related gatherings.
- Developing and maintaining relevant databases and filing systems for optimal management of information and contacts.
- Full Liaisons : Liaising with both external and internal contacts in coordination with the project manager to ensure follow-up and execution of planned activities. This includes but is not limited to KISSMEE, Tunza Mama and Philips collaborators, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant.
- 50% Quality Assurance Ensuring beneficiaries’ original documents are safely kept and confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure monthly indicators are monitored and reports are submitted in time.
- 80% Marketing : Distributing project branded material via available applicable means.
- Holding meetings with health care providers specifically midwives to market the KISSMEE modules.
- Enrol nurses and midwives for the KISSMEE modules.
- Full Research Logistical planning for data collection and procedures.
- Communicate to research assistants and respondents.
- Facilitate the movement of research team.
- Develop abstracts with the project 80%
- Prepare conference and data dissemination presentations with the project team.
- Training support Oral and written communication to the trainers and students on training activities.
- Scheduling for training sessions with project team.
- Analysis of daily evaluation reports on training.
- Provide welfare services
- Support in organising meetings. Full ANY OTHER TASKS
- Project based tasks e.g. taking part in field campaigns and advocacy events, as well as, maintaining good working relationship with partners.
- This position is open to graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Nursing.
- Relevant work experience of at least two years in similar position.
- Our ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as being independently motivated.
- You are flexible with regards to learning new skills.
- You are able to juggle multiple responsibilities, without losing track of what is important.
- Experience working in a health project/ programme is desirable.
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of the MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Ability to interact with team members, suppliers, senior executives
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Problem Analysis
- The job requires a professional and analytical approach to project management.
- Flexible Thinking
- The job requires creative problem solving within the framework of set corporate policies and procedures.
- Decision Making: The job requires ability to make timely and well-considered decisions based on corporate policies
AMREF Flying Doctors is seeking to fill the position of a Flight Operations Officer. The job holder is responsible in ensuring adherence of flight safety procedures during service delivery as guided by the Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs) and AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) standard procedures.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF JOB
The job holder is responsible in ensuring adherence of flight safety procedures during service delivery as guided by the Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs) and AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) standard procedures.
- Flight planning and dispatch of AFD active flights in accordance to AFD standards and
Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs).
- Relay departure, arrival, delay of aircraft and airfield status and other pertinent information to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Head of Operations (HoO) the Operations & Network Manager (OM) and medical team for both sub-charter and AFD flights
- Conducting departure and arrival briefings to crew as well as communicating relevant
information to patients or those accompanying them.
- Implementing airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for
personnel and aircraft operation.
- Maintaining air-to-ground and point-to-point radio contact with aircraft commanders and
record the same as per AFD standards
- Monitoring the arrival, parking, refuelling, loading and departure of both sub-charter and
- Procuring, producing and providing information on the safe operation of aircraft, such as
flight planning publications, operations publications, charts and maps and weather
- Providing both AFD aircrew with information and services needed for airfield
management and flight planning.
- Coordinating with the applicable agencies to meet aircrew requirements for refuelling,
ground services, crew transportation and accommodation.
- In conjunction with the Senior Flight Operations Officer and medical team, answer
telephones and respond to operational queries as required to the satisfaction of the client
in accordance to the AFD standards.
- Ensuring data entry of all relevant flight information into the company database system
as well as post flight filing of flight operations documents for monitoring purposes by the Operations & Network Manager and Chief Pilot as required by the regulator.
- Any other work related activity as assigned.
- Diploma in Flight Operations/Dispatch
- Current KCAA Flight Operations (FOO) License
- Knowledge in radio communication
- A minimum of 4 consecutive years of work experience in an active flight operations and
- Excellent communicator with good command of English language
- ICT proficiency
Essential skills & competencies
- Knowledge of KCAA Regulations to enable one comply with aviation industry regulations
- Knowledge of IATA policies to enable one comply with international aviation rule
- KAA Policies to help understand the airport rules
- Knowledge of ICAO policies to enable one comply with international navigation rules
- Basic knowledge in First Aid is an added advantage
- Ability to interpret regulations in support of the business
- Ability to work with teams and within a team
- Ability to plan effectively and multitask with minimum supervision
- Ability to follow instructions
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.