- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Quantity Surveyor at Nairobi Hospital
Posted on: 14 October, 2019
Deadline: 26 October, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Nairobi Hospital
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
REF: QS/10/19 –FIXED CONTRACT
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate at the Project initiation stage and advise on cost estimates for the proposals presented.
- Working with the user division and other stake holders in developing the business case for the approval of the project.
- Participate during the presentation of Project brief to the Architect on the Project specification and timelines.
- Review the draft designs and drawing from the Architect and give cost estimates.
- Give cost estimates for the detailed final drawings and designs, including mechanical, electrical, and structural from the Architect.
- Participate in tender evaluation before contract award.
- Participate in site handover to the contractors.
- Participate in the daily, weekly and Monthly Projects progress meetings and advise on areas at risk.
- Monitor the Project as it progresses and advise the Head Support Services on adherence to quantities and quality of materials and any cost changes anticipated.
- Assess completed work and prepare a report including costing to ensure the Hospital does not over pay against a certificate. This report will be timeously issued to the Project Manager and the Head of Support Services.
- Participate in negotiations between the Hospital and the Architect on any arising cost disputes.
- Participate in the handover of the Project from Architect to the Hospital upon completion.
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantity surveying or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Proven Experience in engineering projects of at least 10 years in projects of value above Ksh.100M.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry standards and practices.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft programs.
- Highly skilled person with an eye for details and quality
- Forward planning capability
- Creativity, quality focus, planning, people management, result oriented, commercial / business skills, partnering, communication.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 26th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nairobi HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Site Acquisition Manager at Penda Health
- FULL Cloud Support Engineer at Bliss Healthcare
- Hospital Cashier at Langata Hospital
- Job Openings at Ilara Health
- Nurse – Midwife at Jacaranda Health Limited
- Laboratory Technologist at St. Scholastica Uzima Hospital
- Training and Development Manager at Novo Nordisk
- Clinical Officers at Bliss Healthcare Ltd