Our client The Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) is a regional private sector apex body of the Customs Agents and Freight Forwarding (CFA) industry in East Africa representing over 2500 CFA firms. FEAFFA seeks to hire a suitably qualified person for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Duration: 1 (One) year Contract (Renewable)
Starting date: Immediately
Reporting to: Executive Director
The current members of the Federation include;
- Association Burundaise des Agences en Douane et Transitaires (ABADT)
- Kenya International Freight & Warehousing Association (KIFWA)
- Rwanda Freight Forwarders Association (RWAFFA)
- Tanzania Freight Forwarders Association (TAFFA)
- Uganda Freight Forwarders Association (UFFA)
- Zanzibar Freight Forwarders Bureau (ZFB)
The Federation aims at promoting a professional freight logistics industry for trade facilitation and regional economic growth. FEAFFA strives to address the challenges experienced by its members at Association, firm and now individual levels through provision of training and other aspects of capacity building. The Federation advocates for the removal of barriers that impede the full implementation of the East African Community (EAC) Customs Union.
FEAFFA works closely with the East African Revenue Authorities (EARAs) and the EAC Directorate of Customs and several development partners among TradeMark East Africa (TMEA), USAID, JICA, FHI360, Business Advocacy Fund (BAF) and the Commonwealth Secretariat. The Federation also collaborates with COMESA, the African Union Commission, Transport Corridor Coordination authorities and other private sector organizations in East Africa.
FEAFFA seeks to hire a suitably qualified person for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The position will have a primary role in administration and a supporting role in accounting.
- Providing the Executive Directors office with administrative and logistical support related to smooth running of the ED’s office and the entire organization.
- Providing full range of office administrative and clerical work, including but not limited to filing returns and renewing licenses, handling calls and emails, maintaining contact lists, printing, photocopying and scanning.
- Maintaining computerized and manual filing systems
- Managing the front office including among others handling of visitors and clients; directing them to relevant persons and handling correspondences.
- Planning and coordinating meetings, seminars, workshops and related activities.
- Documentation such as preparing general correspondences, memos, taking minutes of internal and external meetings as necessary
- Organizing travel logistics such as booking flights and scheduling taxis for all FEAFFA projects
- Inventory tracking
- Supporting the Human Resource function of the organization by ensuring timely submission of timesheets, dispatch of pay slips and maintaining employee files.
- Supervising the office assistant
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Managing petty cash
- Supporting preparation of organizational budgets
- Supporting preparation of comparative reports against actual
- Supporting booking keeping process
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including command of the English language
- Must be independent and be able to work proactively
- Basic accounting skills
- Great attitude, open to learning, self-driven/starter and customer focus
- Minimum of a Diploma in Business Management, Administrative or Secretarial studies, Office Management from a recognized institution.
- At least three years working experience in a similar or related position preferably in the private sector, CSO, and/or development agencies.
- Knowledge of the transport and freight logistics sector in East Africa will be added advantage.
This position is open to citizens of EAC
- All documents should be merged into one PDF document
- Submissions should only contain:
- 1-Page cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Copies of academic and professional certificates