The post holders will ensure safe practice of the environment for the patient and staff is maintained at all times. He will be expected to treat every patient with dignity, respect, privacy and that each patient/client will be encouraged to be involved in making their own decisions related to their care as much as possible.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Post Holder is required to: -
- Transport or wheel patients to appropriate areas within the hospital and/ or its subsidiaries.
- Adhere to all hospital rules, regulations and standards.
- Work together with nurses to assist with ambulating, turning and positioning of patients.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality regarding patient files and conditions.
- Provide direct assistance to the nursing department.
- Ensure that the assigned are thoroughly cleaned to meet the expected standards.
- Provide patients with food, beverages and any other forms of nourishment as required.
- Help with making of patient beds.
- Run errands for the department and deliver messages accurately and promptly.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned Charge Nurse or Unit Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- KCSE Mean Score of C- Minus and above.
- Diploma in Social Work & Community Development, Public Health, Community Health of Environmental Health.
- At least 2 (two) years of relevant work experience in a healthcare environment/ facility.
The duties of the post may change from time to time and new duties allocated will be consistent with the overall role of the post.