Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
To participate and assist in conducting objective research and analysis on Public Policy issues with the aim of providing advice to policy makers; advising the Government and Government agencies on public policy; developing and maintaining research resources and databases on public policy and availing them to the Government, private sector and academic institutions; disseminating research findings through seminars, roundtables, workshops/conference and conducting capacity building courses for stakeholders.
1. Conducting research to support public policy;
2. Assist with drafting of reports as part of the outreach activities to promote public policies in the Kenya;
3. Publishing public policy research and analysis papers such as books and book chapters, policy briefs, memoranda, media articles, journal articles and any other publications;
4. Updating data acquired by KIPPRA and ensuring the overall quality of this data through, among other things, the documentation of sources;
5. Disseminating and communicating research findings and offering other capacity building programs to stakeholders;
6. Participation in the internal weekly seminars for reviewing research work;
7. Assist in reviewing public policies for ease of interpretation and implementation;
8. Participate in the preparation of annual work plans and quarterly and annual reports;
9. Participate in the training of KIPPRA Young Professionals;
10. Support capacity building activities for KIPPRA stakeholders.
1. Economics, Actuarial Science, Institutional Economics, Transport Economics, Macroeconomics, or any other related discipline from a recognized academic institution
2. Minimum experience of three (3) years in Research and Analysis
3. Minimum of Three (3) publications
4. Relevant knowledge in statistical background
5. Knowledge in Modeling skills and use of statistical packages will be an added advantage.
All the above positions will require the following key skills/competencies:
a) Good time management
b) Assertiveness and self-drive
c) Honesty, reliability and dependability
d) Good interpersonal skills
e) Sound analytical and numerical skills.
f) Good communication skill
Interested individuals for the above positions are requested to submit their CVs and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address indicated below or email inserting reference number for this advert in the subject area.
Deadline for submission is 16th May 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road, P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951,
Email: [email protected] Nairobi, Kenya.
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer
Young Women and Persons with Disability and encouraged to apply.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers